Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permission Levels

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Blakekpf212
191 Views, 2 Replies

Permission Levels

My project folder is set up like this:
There’s one folders for the Consultants (6 sub-folders), another for the Client and another for my company. There’s this one consultant lets call him “Mr. Smith/ABC Inc” that I do not want to have access to other folders but his own.

The problem is if I grant him “NO ACCESS” as his main permission and then go to his folder (ABC Inc) and change his permission level to “VIEW”. He still will not be able to see his folder. If I grant him “VIEW” access as his main permission and then select the folders I don’t want him to have access to “NO ACCESS”, every time I upload new folders/files that are not in his folder I have to go into those new folders/files and change his permission level to “NO ACCESS”.

Is there an easy way to just give him access to his folder only and when I upload new folders/files to the Project folders that’s not his folder the system will automatically grant him “NO ACCESS”?
Thanks for your help.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jmcadres
in reply to: Blakekpf212

You could change his ABC folder to a project. Right click on his folder and select "Change to project". Then give him the appropriate permission for this project. Use "Remove member" to remove him from all of the projects and folders that he shouldn't have access to. I'm not a fan of the "No Access" permission level........"Remove member" works better for me.
Message 3 of 3
Blakekpf212
in reply to: Blakekpf212

Thanks for you help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report