Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not possible to download an entire folder on Buzzsaw Web Version?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
andrew.grigg
3188 Views, 8 Replies

Not possible to download an entire folder on Buzzsaw Web Version?

Hello,

This is more for feedback rather than a question. But I'm not sure where to send it.

From my understanding, when using the Buzzsaw Web Version, it is not possible to click the checkbox of a parent directory, and then select action > download. The option doesn't appear to be there. I know this isn't a problem as such, as you can go into the directory and select all, then action > download all, then a .zip file is downloaded to the desired location. But wouldn't it be more convenient/user friendly if you could just grab the whole directory in one go? Also, it appears that when on thumbnail view there is no 'select all' button, so switching to list view or pressing Ctrl+A is the only alternative. So basically a few unnecessary steps just to download one folder. 

These aren't complaints as such, as they are minor points and I like the software as a whole. I just thought I would mention in case any developers were interested in improving these features.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Thank you for the feedback and I agree these would be great improvements to the Web version of Buzzsaw. I will log this request into our system and will look to add it in a future update.

Thank you,

Gregg Stanley

Gregg Stanley
QA Analyst
AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 9
adobe.user
in reply to: gregg.stanley

This is an essential feature. The fact that an entire directory or folder cannot be downloaded at once makes Buzzsaw almost unusable. It is imperative that this feature be implemented as soon as possible.

Message 4 of 9
ShanaProd
in reply to: adobe.user

Agree, and thanks for the feedback - I've logged an issue to track the request. In the meantime there are a couple of workarounds:

- From the Web UI, check all and download as a zip

- From the desktop client, drag-and-drop all files to a local folder

Thanks,

Shana

Message 5 of 9
adobe.user
in reply to: ShanaProd

"From the Web UI, check all and download as a zip" 

The problem (and this is precisely my issue) is that the Web UI does not allow several folders to be downloaded as a zip file. Your response does not solve the problem of this tread at all.

This is a major and obvious pitfall to Buzzsaw's usability.

Message 6 of 9
dantay85
in reply to: andrew.grigg

Its now 2017, and I am on my SECOND DAY going folder to folder because some clients still insist on using this program despite not having a download function to extract whole files - like most other file transfer platforms!!!

Some of the projects I -and others- deal with have HUNDREDS of PDFs, DWGs, excel and other items , in dozens of files, within files, within files!

The download ability of this platform (Or lack thereof) is not just annoying for student users, but for business users its a nightmare.

This thread was started in 2012, and from what I see Autodesk has made no attempts to improve the service?

A bit frustrating is an understatement....

When will it be sorted?

Message 7 of 9
Sajith
in reply to: gregg.stanley

Still waiting for the update for the 'great improvements' promised in 2012! It is an essential feature. 

Message 8 of 9
adrimity
in reply to: andrew.grigg

Bump.  Still waiting on this essential feature 6 YEARS later...

Message 9 of 9

Has this issue been addressed yet? I'm having to go file to file and it's incredibly tedious.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report