Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit ACAD files in Buzzsaw

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Ezekiel12
804 Views, 4 Replies

Edit ACAD files in Buzzsaw

Hello,

i am quite new in Buzzsaw program so this might be dumb question.

I will give access to Buzzsaw project file to some user. This user is in group that have Edit permisions on this project file. But when i find a .dwg file in this project and try to edit it he can't. Buzzsaw ask him to download it in Working wolder, that's correct, but then it is automatically opened in DWG TrueView. How can i change that these files should be opened in AutoCAD? 

Because this user needs to edit this file, save it and upload it back to Buzzsaw with notice of changed version in Buzzsaw.

*I tried this in downloaded Buzzsaw client.

Thx! 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Ezekiel12
in reply to: Ezekiel12

anyone?

Message 3 of 5
isimorisan

Hellow

Please try to perform editing in Buzzsaw after AutoCad Start at the beginning.

Message 4 of 5
ShanaProd

Hi -

Try opening the file directly from Autocad (File/Open/DWG, then choose Buzzsaw from the list on the left), and create a shortcut to your Buzzsaw site. When finished editing, you can save it back to Buzzsaw via the same method. Please see the attachment below.

In addition, please feel free to contact the Buzzsaw support group directly for any issues around Buzzsaw: http://autodesk.com/buzzsaw-support

Thanks,

Shana

Message 5 of 5
GeeHaa
in reply to: ShanaProd

Hi

Try doing this registry Edit. It works for me.

Read the instructions a couple of times carefully.

After  setting the (open with) default to trueview and opening Buzzsaw Set the (open with) default back to AutoCAD Launcher.

You should create a restore point before doing this.

Hit the start button.

-Run Regedit

-Create a backup of your registry

-Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Autodesk \ DwgCommon \ shellex \apps -Confirm that the key says: {'some long number'}:AutoCAD

-Right click on the HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Autodesk \ DwgCommon \ shellex \apps -folder -Choose 'Permissions...'

-Click 'Advanced'

-In the 'Permissions' tab select your username, if it's not there: add it.

-Click 'Edit...'

-Select 'Deny' after 'Set Value'

-Confirm all dialog boxes.

All .DWG files should open with AutoCAD now, no other Autodesk programs should be able to take control.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report