Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dwg TrueView on x64 Vista

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
thekinglhn
2116 Views, 7 Replies

Dwg TrueView on x64 Vista

I am using 2008 LT on a Sony Vaio laptop, with Vista Ultimate x64. Autocad runs fine, and Buzzsaw also......but I can not view any dwg drawings in Trueview. Each time I open to View a dwg, I get a "you must install window with a 203.3 mb file. I have used 2009, then went to 2010, then loaded design review, then removed and reinstalled all of them including Buzzsaw about 5 times each. I wrote tech support about 6 mo ago and they said that Trueview is not supported on an x64 machine.....and never will be. When 2010 came out, I thought it was my lucky day, but that has proven to be wrong. Any help would be appreciated. I download the files to my desktop and I can see fine in CAD....

Larry
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Dan.Dominik
in reply to: thekinglhn

Same exact issue here. Autodesk was terribly interested in selling us Buzzsaw, but so far our demo version on Vista64 won't allow viewing of .dwg files, nor uploading of .dwg's with xrefs attached automatically.

We've downloaded TrueView 2010 x64 with no success. Apparently the Buzzsaw software is missing the ability to determine the presence of non-32 bit add-ons. The download prompt continues to point us to the 32-bit version, which after the tediously long download states that it can't run on our system, etc, etc...

Since this post is a month old with no feedback from A'desk, I'd guess there's not much interest in solving this issue.

Edit:
Learned from A'desk today that the next Buzzsaw point release is currently being evaluated with a fix for the x64-based system bug and its issues linking to 32-bit TrueView. That release is planned for mid-June (2 weeks). Edited by: sddjd on May 28, 2009 4:25 PM
Message 3 of 8
thekinglhn

SDDJD,

GREAT info and follow up....I too figure it was a mute point as they told me 6 months ago there was nothing to be done and no fix. Thanks for
following thru and letting me know!

Larry
Message 4 of 8
joan_allen

This is a known issue for workstations with 64-bit Operating Systems. Buzzsaw is a 32-bit application and 64-bit workstations do not allow the 32-bit Trueview viewer to install. The next release of Buzzsaw will address this, in that Buzzsaw will no longer prompt 64-bit O/S users to install the 32-bit viewer, and allow viewing if the user has a 64-bit workstation via the 64-bit Trueview viewer.

Joan Allen

Joan Allen
Sr. Group Product Manager
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 5 of 8
Dan.Dominik

Looks like Buzzsaw 2009.1 has been released:

https://projectpoint.buzzsaw.com/!/download/ProjectPoint-BZ-EN.exe

I installed the latest version and am now able to view .dwg files located on the Buzzsaw site, albeit with a few issues. First the software opened an instance of Autocad when I chose "view". Not terrible, but not using DWG Trueview as (I thought) it was intended. After manually opening then closing Trueview x64 Buzzsaw opened the file in that program. However, I have not been able to force Buzzsaw to view the file in the Buzzsaw interface (Vista x64); it always launches the viewer as an external thread (clicking "view in window" has no effect).

Still, more functionality than previously, so we're part of the way home!
Message 6 of 8
thekinglhn

Dear Ms. Allen,

I downloaded the new version of buzzsaw and the dwg tru view 2010, and my buzzsaw still won't allow me to view dwg files, and keeps asking me to do that 200 meg download. I even opened Tru View and minimized it, and no luck. I keep getting the download software window. I am on a Vaio notebook, Vista Home Pemium x64, with service pack 1. Any new ideas?

Larry
Message 7 of 8
joan_allen

Larry,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having problems, and want to make sure you get this resolved. At this point, I think the best course of action is for you to contact the Buzzsaw support team at 1-800-892-0449, so that they follow the steps to reproduce the issue and either 1) resolve the issue or 2) submit a defect to our development team.

Thanks,
Joan

Joan Allen
Sr. Group Product Manager
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 8 of 8
wouterbleumink

Hello,

I want to add a drawing to my buzzsaw-site with contains Xref's.
So i add the drawing, check the Xref's pickbox and then the buzzsaw-client throws a dialog at me stating that i have to install the DWGtrueview viewer (wich i have)
I have uninstalled the software (buzzsaw and DWGtrueview) and reinstalled but to no avial.

Please help.

My system:
-intel I7 920 based
-12 GB Ram
-64 bit Windows Vista business
-64 bit Autodesk Architecture 2009 and 2010
-64 bit DWG trueview (32 bit won't install)
-latest buzzsaw client (2009.1.11215.570)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report