Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy user permissions between projects?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Chad-Smith
1070 Views, 3 Replies

Copy user permissions between projects?

I have a few dozen projects which need to have their folder permissions updated. If I update the permissions on one, is there a means to copy them to the other projects?

As you can imagine, it will be a painful process to have to do this manually with each project having dozens and dozens of subfolders.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JakeLuci
in reply to: Chad-Smith

To prevent this in the future, can you create a template folder and then just clone it and the permissions should follow?

Also, by creating permission groups and assigning a group to a folder should be faster than individual users.

Message 3 of 4
Chad-Smith
in reply to: JakeLuci

A template folder structure does exist and is used for cloning new projects. The problem is that the permissions are now changing as team structures change. This then means all permissions on all project are now incorrect and need updating.

Plenty of Groups are in use, and while this will make the updating quicker, it's still going to take a very long time.

Message 4 of 4
mariepl
in reply to: Chad-Smith

Has anyone found a way to improve permission assignment on a new project?

I have groups created for my Subcontractors, Consultants, and so on...

But the people in each of these categories do change from one project to the other, which means duplicating groups.  This is very time consuming.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report