Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buzzsaw Xrefs Not Loading on Reopening DWG Files

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JDonville1
277 Views, 2 Replies

Buzzsaw Xrefs Not Loading on Reopening DWG Files

I'm using C3D 2013 to xref drawing attachments into my drawing file via a Buzzsaw 2013 link.

When I reopen my drawing, the Buzzsaw-based xrefs do not load even though a valid URL (https:\\webdav.buzzsaw.com\etc.) appears to be listed as the xref path.

I can reload the file by manually selecting the 'Attach' option on the External Reference pane when right-clicking the xref label on the list, and then manually travelling the file path tree to select the appropriate file, but wanted to know what I need to do to get these kinds of xrefs to (re)load "automagically" upon loading the drawing file containing them. 

Do I need to be using Buzzsaw Sync or some other application?

Note that I am *not* signed into Autodesk 360 pretty much ever.

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but some posts here are very difficult to follow, due to their being one large run-on paragraph that is not easily parsed.

Regards,

Jeff

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nbraun
in reply to: JDonville1

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for participating in the community.

Are you uploading the master drawing and including all xrefs?

It does seem Sync may need to be used to ensure the latest version of all files are being uploaded to Buzzsaw.

Knowing your full workflow would be helpful. You can reach our helpdesk using the below URL to walk through your  workflow process so we can try and identify any issues.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/buzzsaw/troubleshooting/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/ENU/123112/fi...

Best Regards.

Nick

Message 3 of 3
JDonville1
in reply to: nbraun

Nick,

You seem to misunderstand what I am asking. I am using an xref linked through Buzzsaw as a read-only underlay. When I reopen my local drawing after restarting Acad, the Buzzsaw-linked xref is reported as unreferenced and Acad tells me that it can't be reloaded.

It seems to be an issue where Acad on its own cannot automatically login to Buzzsaw (the Buzzsaw credential cache is likely cleared). If I use the ATTACH command and manually choose the appropriate (already configured) Buzzsaw site using the Open dialog, and then cancel, the xref reloads after a short delay (I assume it's re-downloading a local copy of the file from the Buzzsaw site).

I don't have any documentation on Buzzsaw Sync, so I'm not entirely sure what it does.

Thanks for helping a n00b.

Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report