Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buzzsaw Tip of the Week

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
BCS_Support
111 Views, 5 Replies

Buzzsaw Tip of the Week

Organizing site members into groups is a great time saver. Instead of assigning access permissions to each individual member, create groups of members who require the same permission level and then assign the permission to the group. To create a group, click on the Site Administration icon then select the Groups tab. You add groups to projects the same way you add individual members.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: BCS_Support

While I have created groups inside my Buzzsaw site, I would now like to limit permissions. Some of the groups I have created will not need to - and should not - contact each other. I would like to limit a group's ability to see other groups inside the e-mail system. Is this possible?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

More Flexible Group Types-Private Groups is a new group type in Autodesk Buzzsaw 5, where members cannot see each other's data or identity. This group type is ideal for competitive bidding where maintaining the privacy of competitors' information is crucial. "SLBaumann" wrote in message news:4722632.1078864549619.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > While I have created groups inside my Buzzsaw site, I would now like to limit permissions. Some of the groups I have created will not need to - and should not - contact each other. I would like to limit a group's ability to see other groups inside the e-mail system. Is this possible?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

The private group function works as Scott describes such that the group does not expand to show it's members. There currently is not a way to prevent a site member from seeing the private group within the email directory and sending an email to the group. Are you using this function for bidding? I'd be interested to know the use-case so I can pass it on to the product manager. "Scott Sheppard" wrote in message news:404f4746$1_3@newsprd01... > More Flexible Group Types-Private Groups is a new group type in Autodesk > Buzzsaw 5, where members cannot see each other's data or identity. This > group type is ideal for competitive bidding where maintaining the privacy of > competitors' information is crucial. > > "SLBaumann" wrote in message > news:4722632.1078864549619.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > While I have created groups inside my Buzzsaw site, I would now like to > limit permissions. Some of the groups I have created will not need to - and > should not - contact each other. I would like to limit a group's ability to > see other groups inside the e-mail system. Is this possible? > >
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

If you really want total separation, getting a second site is also an option. "Tom Connard (Autodesk, Inc.)" wrote in message news:404f7065$1_3@newsprd01... > The private group function works as Scott describes such that the group does > not expand to show it's members. There currently is not a way to prevent a > site member from seeing the private group within the email directory and > sending an email to the group. Are you using this function for bidding? > I'd be interested to know the use-case so I can pass it on to the product > manager.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Our products are sold to retailers, who then sell to final customers. We are using Buzzsaw to share drawings with those retailers, the permissions for viewing are easy enough to set; now it was requested that the email contact list be limited in the same way so retailers only see their internal contacts. (Our business' communication rules set boundaries for whom each group can contact.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report