Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buzzsaw Tip of the Week

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
BCS_Support
225 Views, 6 Replies

Buzzsaw Tip of the Week

When viewing the Project Files in Buzzsaw, the column on the right labeled “Unread” will show you what type of items you have not viewed. If you see a V, there is a new version of the file available. If you see a D, there is a new discussion post that you have not read. If you see an R, there is a new redline (markup) waiting to be viewed.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
arionsky
in reply to: BCS_Support

Would it be possible to make this more user-friendly? New or "occassional" users do not know or remember its meaning. There are too much abbreviations nowadays and many users found it difficult to remember. The system shall be designed to cater for this as well, right?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I think it was just a question of available column
space.

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Would
it be possible to make this more user-friendly? New or "occassional" users do
not know or remember its meaning. There are too much abbreviations nowadays
and many users found it difficult to remember. The system shall be designed to
cater for this as well, right?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

We're always looking at ways to make Buzzsaw more user friendly. Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Joan Allen
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk Buzzsaw
Message 5 of 7
arionsky

How's about differentiate them by visual effects? e.g. if the message (document or form) has not been read, bold it (like new email shown in MS Outlook).
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I like your suggestion, but I'm wondering: have you tried the "What's New" feature? This gives you a view of all documents added that you haven't read yet.
Thanks,
Joan Allen
Message 7 of 7
arionsky

Yes we did. Many users found the user interface is not that user-friendly and that's why I made this suggestion. Also, we found some bugs in the What's New and they are reported to the Autodesk for follow up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report