Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buzzsaw SYNC - Files Deleted!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
marc.boyer
551 Views, 1 Reply

Buzzsaw SYNC - Files Deleted!!

Maybe "m trying to use this in a manner that Sync is not designed for but, here's the issue.

If I've SYNCed a folder from our network to Buzzsaw, and a consultant has also SYNCed to the same Buzzsaw folder, if my consultant deletes his local folder, he's also removed it from MY network.  Am I doing something wrong?  I want the consultant to always have the current files so he can work on them and, I want to have the most current files so I can review them.  NEVER do I want the consultant to remove files from either Buzzsaw or especially from my network.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dave.watt
in reply to: marc.boyer

You and the consultant need to be using two different users to access the Buzzsaw site using Sync.  His account should only have Buzzsaw View permission, so he is not permitted to delete files in Buzzsaw.

If the consultant has permission to perform an operation on the Buzzsaw site, such as deleting a folder or files, then performing that operation locally will get propagated to Buzzsaw.  By managing the permissions on Buzzsaw of their user, you can get what you need here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report