Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buzzsaw Sync Error: Upload Failed

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
brianjohnsontpm
2356 Views, 13 Replies

Buzzsaw Sync Error: Upload Failed

I am seeing the error message as Upload Failed with Details: Unable to connect to Buzzsaw: the remote server is currently unavailable.  HTTP status code 400 was returned.

I'm not having problems with internet connectivity.  Does anyone have any suggestions on this error with Buzzsaw Sync?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
casquatch
in reply to: brianjohnsontpm

I know this post is old, but we just ran into the same issue. Our sync was running fine on a machine up until April 2nd 2015, has been getting HTTP error 400 since.

I have rebooted the machine, cleared the IE cache, cleared the DNS cache. Nothing.

On another side note, when I look to "update" the login information through Buzzsaw Sync, it tells me that my password is invalid. I am able to use this same login/password combo to access our Buzzsaw site from the WIndows client as well as the web client versions of Buzzsaw, so I know the password is valid.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on finding a fix for this? Is anyone else seeing the same problem with Buzzsaw sync?

Thanks,

Casey

Message 3 of 14
jamesp
in reply to: casquatch

we are getting the exact same issue, Only addition information I have right now is that the Buzzsaw program itself is fine it's just the SYNC that refuses to work, I'm guessing it's Autodesk server side....

Message 4 of 14
nbraun

Hello,

There was an update released for Buzzsaw Sync which will resolve the error.

Please see the below article for information on the update:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/buzzsaw/downloads/caas/downloads/content/buzzsaw-sync-update--...

If you continue to see errors after updating the Buzzsaw Sync client please let us know.

Best Regards,
Nick

Message 5 of 14
casquatch
in reply to: nbraun

Downloading the update appears to have worked. Thank you for letting us know.

FYI, the update option from the tray menu does not find an available update, it reports that the program is up-to-date.

Message 6 of 14
nbraun
in reply to: casquatch

Thanks for confirming installing the latest client resolved the issue.

It's a known issue that the option to "check for updates" is not working for older Sync clients and is due to SSLv3 being disabled. The problem has been fixed in the latest Sync update and if a new Sync client is released in the future you will be notified via the client as the “check for updates” will work as expected.

Regards,

Nick

Message 7 of 14
beveridg

Hello Everyone we also had this same issue yeaterday and re-installed the client. It appears to have worked but is there a way to sync from computer to Buzzsaw instead of Buzzsaw to Computer?  we had a lot of files that became un-synced and now in order to re-sync the system wants to download the files from Buzzsaw rather than "up" from the PC Sync Folder.  Suggestions??

Cheers

Message 8 of 14
ShanaProd
in reply to: beveridg

Once the Sync folder has been established (Buzzsaw to PC), any files you place into that folder should be sync'd back to Buzzsaw when Sync next runs.

Thanks, and please let us know if you have any other questions or problems-

Shana

Message 9 of 14
jon.shipman
in reply to: ShanaProd

If the "Check for updates.." doesn't work, where can we check for updates?

I've been getting HTTP error 400 for almost a week now.  Today it changed to Upload Failed and HTTP error 500.

I've been able to upload with other WevDAV compatible tools when Autodesk Buzzsay Sync hasn't.  But now that the error has changed to 500, I can't upload with anything.

I submitted a ticket on 10/29/2015 with log files, but no one has gotten back to me yet.  Any advise?

Message 10 of 14
ShanaProd
in reply to: jon.shipman

Hi Jon - 

The team is working on this as we speak. Could you please verify that even with the 500 upload error in the log, that the files are actually being succesfully uploaded to your Buzzsaw site?

Sorry for the trouble and we appreciate your patience -

Shana Priwer

Message 11 of 14
jon.shipman
in reply to: ShanaProd

Thank you for your response.

No, the files are not getting successfully uploaded.

Last night Autodesk Buzzsaw Sync was able to connect.  No uploads were successful, but thousands of our files had somehow gotten deleted on your server and therefore got deleted locally as well. There are only two other people that do deletes and neither initiated any deletes. I have backups.  It sounds like there is perhaps a widespread issue?  I'll wait until things settle down to try to restore the missing files.

Message 12 of 14
Tpittman7
in reply to: jon.shipman

Having the same issue.  None of the user in my department are able to sync; we either get the HTTP 500 error, or it will say 'password invalid'.  Our internet connection is fine, and we can log in through the website without issue.

A couple things:  I've found that uninstalling sync, rebooting the machine, and then reinstalling sync gets everything working again. That only lasts for a short time (30-60 minutes) though, and then it's back down again.  The issue definitely seems to be on the autodesk side of things.  Any more feedback on this?

Message 13 of 14
ShanaProd
in reply to: Tpittman7

The Buzzsaw team is working around the clock to get Webdav back up and running. You should be seeing better performance now - please give it a try (quit and re-start Sync first), and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Shana

Message 14 of 14
Brianna_Spicer
in reply to: nbraun

Installed the update and sync shows I'm running build 2013.1.35.4575 but I'm still getting the same error. Tried manual and scheduled sync with no luck. 

It might be helpful to know that the "HTTP status code 400 was returned" error came up even before the new release. 

Brianna

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report