Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buzzsaw Questions

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
BrettCaldeira
670 Views, 1 Reply

Buzzsaw Questions

I am currently taking a look at Buzzsaw for one of my clients, and have been playing with it for a few hours.

Wanted to know if I could do the following with Buzzsaw as you can In Vault for Manufacturing

1) Is it possible to attach files to other files, For example a DWG file needs a pdf file attatched to it.

2) For files I link to a Business Process, for example an approval process. Can I Automatically lock files once the Business Process has been closed or completed.

3) Does Buzzsaw handle Inventor file structures?

4) Is it possible to create your own Business Process, and have cetain users responsible for a step with in the process, with automatic email notfication as the process moves along?

Many Thanks

Brett
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
joan_allen
in reply to: BrettCaldeira

Brett,

1) Are you referring to XRef's when you ask about files attached to a DWG? If so, Buzzsaw does support XRef's.

2) If you use a business process with the file as an attachment, it will be automatically locked (i.e. it will not be possible to edit it) once the business process is closed (the only way to access the attachment is through the business process itself). If you use a business process and "link" the form to a file in the Buzzsaw file hierarchy, the file will not be locked automatically (but you can manage the form settings to link to a specific version).

3) Buzzsaw does not have any Inventor-specific file structure management.

4) While you cannot create your own business process "from scratch," Buzzsaw Professional provides fourteen (14) standard business processes and seven (7) standard workflow templates. Each template includes routing rules, timers, and email notifications that can be configured for specific processes. You can also create your own forms using Microsoft Infopath, import those forms into Buzzsaw, and connect the forms to the available workflow templates.

Let us know if you need more information.

--Joan Allen

Joan Allen
Sr. Group Product Manager
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report