Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buzzsaw Help desk/uploading dwgs

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
684 Views, 3 Replies

Buzzsaw Help desk/uploading dwgs

Is anyone else experiencing frustration w/ calling the help desk due to the new policies in place? (Asking for site name, personal name, e-mail, phone etc before getting to the question).The last time I called it took over 10 mins to get past that stuff before I could ask my question. My question was regarding uploading dwgs. When I upload dwgs to a sub-folder under a main folder with other sub-folders containing later versions of the same dwgs, I get a warning message that I've selected "source files with the same name located in different folders and have chosen to place the files in the same target folder". It wants me to go back and de-select conflicting files. This frustrates me as I want older versions of the same drawings to be kept for record and I don't want the x-ref's in the other folders to be updated. Basically I think each folder should be fairly independent and not linking to other folders under the same project.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Melanie, I am sorry if you have experience any frustration with the help desk. Our policy has always been to gather this information while taking a call. In the past we found that this information was not always being gather and feel that it is import information for properly tracing issue that customers are facing. These are fairly standard questions you would need to provide almost any help desk and we hope that this will not cause you much problem in the future. If they do please do not hesitate to ask to be escalated to a manager. Actually the fact that the agent gathered this information allowed me to find your ticket and see that it had already been escalated for investigation. I will contact you shortly to discuss this issue. Thanks, John Helfen Autodesk Collaboration Services "Melanie Pedersen" wrote in message news:12237273.1090518680695.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Is anyone else experiencing frustration w/ calling the help desk due to the new policies in place? (Asking for site name, personal name, e-mail, phone etc before getting to the question).The last time I called it took over 10 mins to get past that stuff before I could ask my question. My question was regarding uploading dwgs. When I upload dwgs to a sub-folder under a main folder with other sub-folders containing later versions of the same dwgs, I get a warning message that I've selected "source files with the same name located in different folders and have chosen to place the files in the same target folder". It wants me to go back and de-select conflicting files. This frustrates me as I want older versions of the same drawings to be kept for record and I don't want the x-ref's in the other folders to be updated. Basically I think each folder should be fairly independent and not linking to other folders under the same project.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

You are in an unusual situation. Most projects have one copy of a file active at a time. Projects use versioning to keep old copies instead of separate folders. Buzzsaw is attempting to handle the situation where one user uploads a DWG that depends on other DWGs - such as XREFs - potentially from other users. Since each AutoCAD user has his own structure and project settings that determine where the local copies of a file reside, it's impossible for Buzzsaw to tell if files of the same name are different than the ones already uploaded to Buzzsaw. The software is attempting to alert the user that a file of that same name already exists and may have been uploaded by another user. This helps project teams avoid inadvertently placing two copies of the same file at different locations within Buzzsaw. This is a very common problem which lead to the creation of the warning message in the first place. "Melanie Pedersen" wrote in message news:12237273.1090518680695.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Is anyone else experiencing frustration w/ calling the help desk due to the new policies in place? (Asking for site name, personal name, e-mail, phone etc before getting to the question).The last time I called it took over 10 mins to get past that stuff before I could ask my question. My question was regarding uploading dwgs. When I upload dwgs to a sub-folder under a main folder with other sub-folders containing later versions of the same dwgs, I get a warning message that I've selected "source files with the same name located in different folders and have chosen to place the files in the same target folder". It wants me to go back and de-select conflicting files. This frustrates me as I want older versions of the same drawings to be kept for record and I don't want the x-ref's in the other folders to be updated. Basically I think each folder should be fairly independent and not linking to other folders under the same project.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for your reply. I understand why you would use these procedures and I agree they help you to track things like my ticket number. Hopefully the slowness of the call and the long time it took for the person to collect the info won't happen again and I won't dread calling the help desk anymore! Thanks again for your attention to this matter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report