Buzzsaw General Discussion

Buzzsaw General Discussion

Contributor
19 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 1 of 1

Automatically Adding Members when Creating a New Project.

706 Views, 0 Replies
09-27-2012 05:42 AM

I was under the impression that when you create a new project within an already existing project, the member list was inheritted (or atleast the Site Admin/Project Admins were).

But recently I've been testing this and the outcome appears to be inconsistent on some of our sites.

For example, if you right click on a project and click "Create New Project", then go to the properties on that new project, followed by Members - the member list is always different, even if created from within the same parent project.

I know this sounds confusing, sorry - It took me a while to get what our customer was talking about. He finds it strange that sometimes when he creates a project he is automatically part of it, but other times he is not. I've advised cloning a pre-made project is the way to go, but I was also wondering what is happening and why.

Could someone clarify the rules for the member list when creating a project within a project?

Regards,

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New Buzzsaw Category!

The Buzzsaw forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the future of the Autodesk Community? To participate in this brief usability study, please click here. Your time and input is greatly appreciated!