Buzzsaw Forum Archive
Welcome to Autodesk’s Buzzsaw Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Buzzsaw topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2008 plus embedded Word 2007 Documents

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
dennisj
342 Views, 0 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2008 plus embedded Word 2007 Documents

I am experiencing an issue with AutoCAD LT 2008 where OLE Microsoft Word documents are not showing when the drawing is opened after a save. The problem appears to have started when Microsoft Office 2007 was installed on my machine as an upgrade from Microsoft Office 2003. I created a drawing yesterday which had a Word 2007 document, and Excel spreadsheet and a photo from the clipboard embedded into the print template in paper space.  Only Word appears to fail. The embedded file saves and text is visible in the drawing when it is reopened, but if I make any changes to it by Right-Click/OLE/Open and then save the changed drawing, the text is not visible the next time the drawing is opened. The information appears to still be in the embedded Word file because I can Right-Click/OLE/Open into Word and I find the information present. I can clip the information from the open Word Document and paste a new copy into the drawing and the text appears. That version can be saved and the text will remain until it is edited again in Word 2007. I have tried various "compatability" settings and graphics levels to no avail. This situation makes reusing drawings difficult.

I have attached a two sheet PDF to show the look before and after. 

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report