Buzzsaw Developer

jns26
Message 1 of 2 (1,717 Views)

Buzzsaw Users - Limits

1717 Views, 1 Replies
03-22-2007 09:06 AM
Recently in the UK Buzzsaw has become costed by Users rather than storage - Buzzsaw allows you to cap storage by having the limits tab in Site Admin is there now plans to add a limit per project of users added so that individual projects are stopped from over using users?
Contributor
steve_williams
Message 2 of 2 (1,717 Views)

Re: Buzzsaw Users - Limits

03-26-2007 12:00 AM in reply to: jns26
I believe # of users has always been part of your service agreement, i.e. each Buzzsaw subscription would allow for a maximum number of users on the site, and the site administrator would need to work with his or her project administrators to manage them effectively.

I don't believe there are immediate plans to allow user limits on projects, but that is a great suggestion that I will add to our suggestion list.

In the meantime, a few areas that may assist - 1) the Site Administration > Statistics tab allows you to see member count across all projects, so you can see which projects are using the most number of users; 2) the Site Administration > Members tab now allows you to see Inactive members so you can restrict usage to just those who will be logging in; and 3) the Site Administration > Security tab has an option for automatically disabling members after a certain period of inactiivity.

Hope that helps,

Steve Williams
Autodesk, Inc.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New Buzzsaw Category!

The Buzzsaw forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.