Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wind rose diagram

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rohantote
1835 Views, 1 Reply

Wind rose diagram

I am doing a wind analysis of a building in Autodesk vasari beta 3, for that I exported the data of wind rose diagram in a excel sheet but I am not understanding the information written in the excel sheet??? (eg. the values are average or maximum)

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Mohammad_Asl
in reply to: rohantote

Hi,

I replaced the file that you provided with another csv file from windrose and included the windrose as well to explain this.

The cells are apparently bins of percentages in each direction range less than the value in the column header.  For example, in row ‘N’, column ‘6-7’, the value is the percentage of hours where wind speeds are less than 7 m/s and from the North slice (11.25 deg either side of North).  The value in the last column (‘8+’) then is the total percentage of hours in the period that are in that direction slice (so ‘8+’ actually means ‘including 8+ m/s’).  So if you add up all the ‘8+’ column, you’ll come out with 100%.

Note: The top row autoformats to date form when opening automatically in Excel (eg ‘1-2’ shows up as ‘Jan 2’).  The column headers should be ranges of windspeeds in m/s.

Windrose-02.jpgWindrose-01.jpg

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Mohammad Asl
High Performance Building Design Researcher
Autodesk, Inc.
Insight360.support@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report