Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inputs - Windows

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ChrisBriley-ID
284 Views, 1 Reply

Inputs - Windows

I'm still having trouble with my model.  It should be performing better than it is reporting.  I know that the values for the window inputs are incorrect.  It seems that as a Revit user, I can only select my window option from a pulldown list.  Is this the only option?  Can I specify the U-value and the Solar heat gain coeeficient of the glass independent of the drop down?  Can this be done in Green Building Studio instead of revit?

I would like to input U=0.106, SHGC = 0.61

Chris 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi Chris,

I am sorry to hear that you are still having issue with your model. The window type that you are  trying to use is super high performance window. We do not have a window type with similar performance in our list. Can you provide us more details about this window (Window6 file) so we can add it to our list.

You can always choose something close to it like: Quadruple LoE Films (88) 3mm/8mm Krypton, U-Value: 0.66 W / (m²-K) (0.116 Btu/hr ft2 oF), SHGC: 0.45 , Vlt: 0.62 in Energy Cost Range tab of Results and compare or in Project Solon.

2015-01-23 11_31_54-Results and Compare.png

You can see the details on this window type in alternative runs that are automatically created beside your base run:

2015_01_23_11_36_23_Green_Building_Studio_Run_List.png

Or you can set a run set base on the various window types for each face of the model you have:

2015_01_23_11_39_59_Green_Building_Studio_Runset_Editor.png

Hope this helps you. Please let me know if you need any help on assigning runst to Revit Results and Compare.

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information. 

Mohammad Asl
High Performance Building Design Researcher
Autodesk, Inc.
Insight360.support@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report