Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot run energy simulation in Revit 2014

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
tommyyip6e33
1924 Views, 19 Replies

Cannot run energy simulation in Revit 2014

When I run the energy simulation in revit 2014, there is an error message telling me "there is a problem with the energy analysis service. Unable to analyse. Please contact your Autodesk Service Representative" and I can login to the green building studio normally with educational account. Furthermore, I cannot see any fail project under the 'Project' in the GBS.  Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
Mohammad_Asl
in reply to: tommyyip6e33

Hi,

I will try to help you on this issue. an you please respond to the following questions:

1. Is your account educational account?
  2. Can you login to https://accounts.autodesk.com
  3. Can you still access/use other cloud service like rendering in the cloud?
  4. Can you login to GBS with your educational accoun https://gbs.autodesk.comt? If not can you create a new account and try to login? 
  5. What is your account user name?

Mohammad Asl
High Performance Building Design Researcher
Autodesk, Inc.
Insight360.support@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 20
tommyyip6e33
in reply to: Mohammad_Asl

I can sure that my account is an educational one, and I have been tried to create a new account to run the energy simulation but i also failed. I can use the render in clound normally. And my old account user ID is tommmyyip6e33@gmail.com. Actually I have been succeed only once in my old account in a wrong location setting but i keep fail when i run i again in 'create new' both in revit and vassri. I can found the recored in my own compter in revit under the 'Results and Compare' but not in the GBS.

Message 4 of 20
tommyyip6e33

For Supplement

I can run the energy simulation in 'using existing' but It fails in create new.

Message 5 of 20
tommyyip6e33

For another Supplement

I find that I cannot run the simulation only when I set the location in Hong Kong but the simulation can be run if the location change to other place. But I need to set the location in Hong Kong!

Message 6 of 20
Mohammad_Asl

Hi,

I am glad that your account issue is resolved.

Can you try using revit sample model with default location and run analysis. Then try changing the location to Hong Kong and see if it Runs. I have already reported the issue to our development team and the need more information to be able to track this down.

Is it possible for you to send your model so I can have a look on it (mohammad.asl@autodesk.com)

Mohammad Asl
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 20
tommyyip6e33

Now I am sorry to tell you that I am fail to run the simulation including a very complex one or as simple as a cube and also the sample in any of the locations, and this time the GBS has the record of all my failed works. However, if the project location is in Hong Kong, the GBS website will not have the record.

Message 8 of 20
Mohammad_Asl

Hi,

I have reported the issue on changing the location to Hong Kong. I will get the results to you soon.

In the third image that you have attached to your message, there is a a cross sign. Can you hover the mouse on that sign and it will show the error message. Can you share that message and it will show up the failure reason. I can help more if I know the error message that you receive.

Mohammad Asl
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 20
tommyyip6e33

Thank you for your help!

I think the problem has reset to the origin. Now I can run the simulation just like before but not in the location of Hong Kong. Here is the error meaasge. 'An unrecoverable internal error has occurred'.

Message 10 of 20
Mohammad_Asl

Hi,

We tracked down the issue of the Hong Kong as location. There is a mismatch between the Latitude/Longtitude of Bing geocodes and GBS for Hong Kong. 

The workaround is to use a more specific address for the project location in Revit. E.g. “5 Edinburgh Pl Central & Western, Hong Kong HK”.

This should reolve the issue. Pleaase try it and let me know if you are still having problem in running simulation.

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Mohammad Asl
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 11 of 20
tommyyip6e33

Thank you so much for your help and now i solve the problem.

Message 12 of 20

I am also having this issue, but my location is in Canada. I receive the same message when trying to run an analysis. Any help would be fantastic!

Message 13 of 20

I am also experiancing this issue, but my location is in Canada. What can I do to fix it? I have tried what you have suggested with no luck.

Message 14 of 20

Have you try to set the project location  as same as the weather station? I think you need to check the location of the nearest wear station and set that location be your project location. 

Message 15 of 20
Mohammad_Asl

Hi,

tommyyip6e33 -- Thanks for being active on the forum. We always encourage our users to help others on the forum. It helps to solve the issues quicker.

stclairgraeme --  What location you are using? Did you try to make the address more accurate? Let me know the location and I will track the issue.

Mohammad Asl
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 16 of 20
tommyyip6e33

sorry for misleading, i found that the simulation can only work when i put '5 Edinburgh Pl Central & Western, Hong Kong HK' be the address. And it does work when i change to other location i.e. ' 123a Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong'. 

Message 17 of 20
Mohammad_Asl

Hi,

The issue is that when Bing reverse geocodes the latitude/longitude of some locations into an address, GBS is unable to parse the response due to some mismatches. The workaround is to use a more specific address for the project location in Revit. 

Your solution solves the issue as well.

Thanks 🙂

Mohammad Asl
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 18 of 20
Mohammad_Asl

Hi,

I am glad to inform you that we tracked down this issue and fixed it with our recent deployment. Hong Kong location should be working fine now.

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Mohammad Asl
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 19 of 20

I take also same errors when i start enegy analsisin revit.And i tried eveything but i didnt find anything for solution.

1-) when i start enegy analysis it say "you do not currenty have accessto the this service"(error 1)

2-)when i go green building studio and than import the xml file of project it say 'an unrecoverable internal error has occurred '(error2)

PLEASE HELP ME.

error 1.JPGerror 2.JPG

Message 20 of 20
mstein7484
in reply to: taceddinyildiz

Hello,

I responded to a different post of yours just a little while ago.

Do you have a student account? If so, we have a temporary user account for students to use for generating Insight 360 while we work on restoring your account access.

Please delete your projects when you are finished with them.

autodesk.insight360

password: Student01

If yours is not a student account, please confirm you have the necessary entitlements for the Insight 360 service. Log into 

https://manage.autodesk.com with your Autodesk account to see if you have access to these services: Insight 360 – Green Building Studio and Insight 360 - Energy. If you don't have the necessary entitlements, have the person who manages the Autodesk subscription contract add the services to your account.

If you do have the proper services included in your subscription there may be a firewall or VPN setting blocking your access to the service.

I am able to Generate Insight, and also perform Energy Analysis with your model. However I am also encountering problems with the exported xml file. I will have to look deeper into what might be causing that problem.

Regards,

Marjorie Stein
QA Analyst
Generative Design Group
Autodesk, Inc.

insight.support@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report