Community
Insight Energy Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight Energy Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Insight Energy topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPA course energy analysis with Revit 2015

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
1448 Views, 16 Replies

BPA course energy analysis with Revit 2015

Hi Autodesk community

I am experiencing a problem with energy analysis run on Revit 2015 doing BPA certificate.

The message is:

''You do not currently have access to this service
Your license period for the sharing service has ended.''

I have tried:

- I reinstalled Revit 2015 with my student license serial number
- I did reassure then I signed in with the account on my email which is registered as a student account in Autodesk education community
- I have signed in to Green Building Studio where it says that I have trial license for 30 days which is strange because I am doing BPA course it should be a student license

I sent message to the help desk they said that I have to post on the forum that Autodesk support could help me.

Could you please help me with this thing

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Mohammad_Asl
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

If you are using the same educational email account to login to GBS, it should automatically change your account to educational on GBS as well. Can you try in Revit and see if you have access/use other cloud service like rendering in the cloud?

Can you provide your account user name?

Mohammad Asl
High Performance Building Design Researcher
Autodesk, Inc.
Insight360.support@autodesk.com
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: Mohammad_Asl

Hi Mohammed,

I can give you my account details if you tell me how to do so.

Shall I type my email right here in the forum? Could you check the details by knowing my name IlyaUfim?

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous

Hello Mohammad

Also would you be able to check the following error - I answer the question right but it was not count for the right. Could you check please the issue in those two tests:

Software Exercise: Audubon Airflow

External Airflow Quiz

Files attached

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous

Hello Mohammad

Would you be able to tell me when you can check my account on the errors listed above?

Thank you,

Ilya

Message 6 of 17
Mohammad_Asl

Hi IlyaUfim,

Sorry for the delay. I was very busy last week which was the week for Autodesk University and I did not get a chance to answer the issues on the forum.

I have forwarded your issue with BPAC grading system to the sustainability education team. They will contact you soon to solve the issue.

We tracked down the issues about the accounts and your account issue should be solved. If you are still having problem, please send your email address to mohammad.asl@autodesk.com. I will follow p with you via email.

Mohammad Asl
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 17
stephanie.egger

Hi Ilya,

Sorry you were having difficulties with the quiz, and thank you for including screenshots to better diagnosis the problem. It seems that while you were entering the correct answers, the grading system was not marking your answers as correct. I’ve corrected the grading system, and your account should be updated accordingly.

Thanks for letting us know about the issues and apologies for any inconvenience!

-Stephanie

Stephanie Egger

Evangelist, Building Performance Analysis
blogs.autodesk.com/insight360
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: stephanie.egger

Hello Stephanie

Thank you for your help with the quiz. Thank you for creating this course.

However, I am still experiencing difficulty with energy analysis run on Revit 2015. I would like to know if there is anything I can do or provide any information to solve this issue. (You might read my first posts above to get the information about problem with running energy analysis on Revit 2015)

Please help me,

Ilya

Message 9 of 17
stephanie.egger

The suggestions Mohammad provided previously are the same that I would offer. We are still troubleshooting the issue on our end to understand what is causing the problem. 

Stephanie Egger

Message 10 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: stephanie.egger

Hi

Would you check thus issue as well please.

The question 7 on the screenshot

I also want to confurm that I still have no access to Energy Analysis run on Revit 2015. Could someone help me please.

Ilya

Message 11 of 17
stephanie.egger

Your response to question 7 is incorrect. This software exercise requires you to compare climate charts for the three locations. Question 7 is not asking about the Beaufort chart in general, but in the context of the previous question; Which location experiences the highest windspeeds? In question 7, you need to figure out what the windspeeds of that location translate to on the Beaufort scale.

Does that make sense?

Stephanie Egger

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous

I had the same problem and really pissed me off. I spent a lot of time surfing different pages and did different things with no Result.

Finally I found it. The problem is not with your registeration. You can follow the link bellow:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/installation-activation-licensing/activate-register/r...

good luck

Message 13 of 17
cvinothkumarc456

Same problem plz help me

Message 14 of 17
mra1242
in reply to: cvinothkumarc456

Hi cvinothkumarc456,

Do you have problem with running energy analysis via Revit? If so please answer the following questions. We have updated our system and it should work properly now.

1. Have you activated your student account via the email that student community sends after creating account?
    If not please go to Autodesk Education Community and create a new account with your edu email. Then you will receive and activation email in your edu email account. Please follow the instructions in that email to register your education account.
  2. After having an active account go back to Autodesk Education Community and login with your new account. 
  3. Download Revit and install it (You may have to uninstall Revit if you have revit installed with other accounts).
  4. Try running energy analysis and your problem should be solved.
  5. In a few cases it may take about 48 hours to sync the education accounts with all other web-based software like GBS.

Please make sure that you have done all the steps. If you still have the same issue, please send your account info to bpa.team@autodesk.com and mention my name on the heading. I will check your account and will follow up with you via email.

Mohammad Rahmnai Asl

Message 15 of 17
stephanie.egger
in reply to: mra1242

Hi there,

Just following up on this thread--if anyone is still having trouble, please let us know. If you have an educational account and are experiencing issues accessing Insight 360, Revit Energy Analysis, or Green Building Studio, please fill out this form:http://goo.gl/forms/M7JrNSdOzM

Once you complete the form we will reply back to you via email once your account issues have been resolved. We apologize that so many of you are experiencing this error, but we are working to have a solution soon!

-Stephanie

Stephanie Egger

Message 16 of 17
archt.jamesalbertnealega

Hi,

I am also experiencing the same problem and done the following but still have no hope. I already fill up the google form but stil dont have any feedback about this problem.I hope you can help me about this. I am taking the BPAC and can't go further because of this problem. Thanks

Can you login to https://accounts.autodesk.com?

Yes, I can Login

Can you still access/use other cloud service like rendering in the cloud in Revit?

No, I cant use the cloud service and I don't know why

Can you login to GBS with your educational account https://gbs.autodesk.comt? If not can you create a new account and try to login?

Yes, I can login and my two accounts says it is active

What is your account user name?

I created two accounts just to check if it will work if I created a new one and my usernames are.

- archt.jamesalbertnealega@gmail.com

- jamesalbertnealega@gmail.com

Message 17 of 17

Hi,

If anyone is still having trouble, please let us know. If you have an educational account and are experiencing issues accessing Insight 360, Revit Energy Analysis, or Green Building Studio, please fill out this form:http://goo.gl/forms/M7JrNSdOzM

Once you complete the form we will reply back to you via email once your account issues have been resolved. We apologize that so many of you are experiencing this error, but we are working to have a solution soon!

Meanwhile you can use this public account to finish your certificate/assignment. Please delete your project after you are done.

UserId: mrah
Password: Student01

Mohammad Asl
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report