Community
BIM 360 Ops Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Ops Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360 Ops topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building Ops revit Add-in

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
EnricoG
3190 Views, 20 Replies

Building Ops revit Add-in

Hello everyone, i've a little problem, i installed Building Ops revit Add-ins...but i can't find in the add-ins ribbon...:(

thanks for the reply

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
matthew.d
in reply to: EnricoG

Hi @EnricoG,

Sorry about the trouble. Which version of Revit are you on? Did you make sure to install the correctly by downloading the Building Ops Add-in for Revit Technology Preview from the Building Ops page > All Buildings > Settings (scroll to the bottom of the page) Once the add-in is installed, open the model in Revit > click the Add-Ins tab > Export (under Building Ops).

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 3 of 21
katie.murff

Hi,

Please look for the file "BuildingOpsExporter For Autodesk Revit.addin" under the folder "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\REVIT\Addins\2016".

If the file is in a different place, move it to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\REVIT\Addins\2016 and you should be all set.

Best,

Katie

Katie Murff
Sr Product Manager, BIM 360 Ops
Message 4 of 21
EnricoG
in reply to: katie.murff

now the addin is in right folder...but now appear an allert (screen attchement), what's the right location of ALL file???

Message 5 of 21
EnricoG

Can someone help me???

Message 6 of 21
EnricoG
in reply to: matthew.d

Revit version 2016, i've downloaded building Ops from the web site like you said...but now there's a warning " dll's file not exist"

Message 7 of 21
matthew.d

Sorry for the trouble @EnricoG,

Could you post a screenshot of this error message? This is occurring when you download or when you try to install?

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 8 of 21
katie.murff

Hi Enrico,

I'm sorry for your troubles.

The dll path in Assembly property should be the same as the installation path. If it is not, please change it to the same path. Here are the steps:

• From the Windows search, type "c:/programdata"
  • Go to Autodesk > Revit > Addins > 2016
  • Right click on "BuildingOpsExporter for Autodesk Revit" and select Open with...
  • Choose Notepad (or another text editor)
  • Look at the fifth line, which begins "<Assembly>"
  • Verify that the Assembly path is: <Assembly>"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Building Ops Add-in for Revit 2016\BuildingOpsExporter.dll"</Assembly>
  • Save the file

Regards,

Katie

Katie Murff
Message 9 of 21
EnricoG

ok, i write the right directory in the dll file 🙂 with right name and at (screen attachement)

Message 10 of 21
EnricoG

@katie.murff

When i see on the asse detail, in the section 3D model there is "in Syncing"...but where is the model syncing??? in a viewr of Building Ops or A360?

Message 11 of 21
saul_marcos

Hi there,

Can anyone provide me the link to download the Revit add-in for uploading a Revit model ?

Regards

Tags (1)
Message 12 of 21
katie.murff
in reply to: saul_marcos

Hi Saul,

You may download the Revit Add-in for Building Ops at the bottom of the All Buildings Settings page.

Regards,

Katie

Katie Murff
Message 13 of 21
pietromontani

hi katie

I have the same problem.

I installed the add'ins from the building ops site (in the bottom setting) and i do not see the export key in revit 2016.

I tryed to found the file in = Autodesk > Revit > Addins > 2016. but i do not find the building ops exporter folder so I can't edit the text file and save.

thank you

Pietro M

Message 14 of 21
katie.murff
in reply to: pietromontani

Hi Pietro,

The export code may be found on the building details page that you are exporting to.

In Building Ops, go to the dashboard for the target building. Click on the building tile. Then you will see Generate Export Code.

Regards,

Katie

Katie Murff
Message 15 of 21
pietromontani

hi

thank you for your answer. probably I did't explain well in my terrible english.

the problem is that i dont find the ribbon and the file dll in the folder programdata>revit>addins>2016 so I can't modify the code string.

thank you for your time

Message 16 of 21
katie.murff

Hi,

Can you send me a screenshot of what you have please?

• From the Windows search, type "c:/programdata"
  • Go to Autodesk > Revit > Addins > 2016

Thanks,

Katie

Katie Murff
Message 17 of 21
pietromontani

Here it is

thank you

Message 18 of 21
katie.murff

Hi,

If you search your computer for BuildingOpsExporter, is a file found? If so, you can copy and paste it to the correct destination folder.

Regards,

Katie

Katie Murff
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous

Hello everyone, i have the same problem for revit 2018, i am not able to export the model BIM 360 Ops.

Thank you

Message 20 of 21
saul_marcos

Thanks !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report