Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improve Reporting Functionality in B3F for enterprise users!

Improve Reporting Functionality in B3F for enterprise users!

The reporting feature in BIM 360 Field is extremely valuable!  But! Current enterprise users cannot use the reporting to help trend across business unit projects or organization without help from Autodesk!  The reason why we purchased this tool is to get this type of reporting in a more automated way.

There should be higher flexibility in ther reporting module.  Each project is a bit different due to the customer needs!  We should be able to configure reports easily to help communicate the value or challenges we face on projects!

When will this be available?  Checklists are useless unless we learn from the trending across projects, not just one project!  

Here is (one page of many) an example of a MANUAL report from excel based from an Autodesk Generated Report from our Implementation manager.  There are at least 4 steps of NON-VALUE ADD to get to the desired output!  Now think about the challenges with Root Cause trending, etc...

Shouldn't BIM 360 Field be able to do this?

7-14-2014 11-15-14 AM.png

5 Comments
jlannen
Advocate

Agree 100% the database collects a huge amount of valuable and useful information, but does not provide an easy/valuable output to use this information across all company projects. 

henrik_falldin_skanska_co_uk
Community Visitor

We are in the same situation. The reports works quite well within one project. BUT the cross project reports are non existent.

I would like to be able to get all the data from B360F and not rely on standardiezed, cluncy reports made up by Autodesk... API could be the way. But that requires some develpment etc...

rickmc
Enthusiast

Hi Henrik,

I agree with the API, but would rather have Autodesk develop this reporting function as part of their platform as it is the KEY reason why we purchased an enterprise deal.  Thank you for your feedback!

Rick

AWeirBAM
Contributor

Agree with the sentiment especially around 'root causes'. The root causes report is very limited and on its own, displayed as a bar chart with the number to each one shows you the base information of the causes of issues on site. If you email this out at a Director level or even project level, issuing something like this is likely to result in a response such as "That's great, but what does this actually mean?"

360 Field gathers a great amount of information around each of these through the desc & comments, images etc. which could all aid to explain what was behind the root causes. To be able to break this information down from just High Level causes "Poor Workmanship", "Inexperienced user" etc. etc. would be useful to not only projects for learning on the job but also lessons learned for a business as a whole. Having these broken down by Root cause 'heading' would be perfect.

Obviously you could create loads of very specific root causes as a work around but this is quite cumbersome and not really what the user is looking for. Displaying in other chart formats would also be very useful

On a separate note, why isn't there an option for a proper 'Cover page' on all reports? They're left looking rather unprofessional otherwise. 

lcollier
Advocate
Agree aggregation of data is extremely important! If I have to export my data I will always be a day late and dollar short!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report