Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hot works permits on BIM 360 Field

Hot works permits on BIM 360 Field

UK customers would like to use BIM 360 Field to enable permits including hot works permits. 

In the existing workflow the contractor fills out the form on paper on request from the subcontractor. The subcontractor then takes one half of the form and carries it with him while working and the other part of the form sits with the contractor in a folder in the site office. It would save time if the subcontractor could approach the site manager and get him to fill out the hot works permit on the iPad without having to make the journey into the site office. One possible way of implementing this is via a checklist on the iPad. The problem we have is there is no way for the site manager to email that completed checklist permit form from the iPad to the subcontractor without returning to the site office and printing/emailing from the web.  

Can we have email notification capability on specific checklists similar to issues ?

Can we have the "email to" capability on Checklists in the same way we have on photos and docs in the library. At least that way as a site manager i could fill out the checklist quickly and then email the copy to the subcontractor. And yes before you ask we have cellular sim cards in all our iPads or WIFI coverage over the site.

Picture.JPG 

1 Comment
sweeneyt
Observer

Managing permits through Field would be a great help, but I also think that a standard checklist is not enough to manage it correctly.

I would imagine permits working through a separate App, that has access to the same cloud database as the rest of Field.

The webapp would also require a separate tab for permits - current open permits, history, etc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report