Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B3F & G ability to query Barcode and load Model Viewpoint

B3F & G ability to query Barcode and load Model Viewpoint

There is a ton of value in connecting a barcode or QRCode that would be posted on a door frame or in a room that once scanned, Glue or Field would launch a saved viewpoint.  It seems like such a no brainer, but it doesn't exist.  You can scan a code for equipment?  

If we want to have the model be leveraged in the field more effectively, then make it EASY to access.  If it takes more than 3 or 4 clicks to find a location in order to view the model, then no one will bother.  We would rather just look at a 2D plan or section,etc...  

IT'S CALLED BIM 360 right!

Rick

5 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two asks in this post, i like both - 1:  barcode functionality in Glue to link a code to a presaved view.  There's another post about being able to send views to Glue from NavisWorks, which would help here.

The other ask, I think, is for Barcode functionality on Locations in Field.  To scan the doorframe, and get a vew in Field of The LOCATION, including any associated equipment, issues, or library items (Drawings).   The other way to implement this would be to provide the functionality of making VIEWS in GLUE library items in FIELD, so you can link back and forth.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Free tip:We've created a work around for this.  

We create a dummy equipment object in each room, making the room a piece of equipment.  This is started in the authoring program (revit), then you glue it.  Once in Glue, right click on the dummy object and create a equipment set.  Then take model into field.  Once your done, then when you are in the field, each room has a barcode which is tied into that dummy room equipment.  Scan the barcode, it will bring up the equipment module of that equipment set and then click on "show in model" - voila!  Barcode opens the location in the model...

equip-model.jpg

joan_allen
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

cody_austin
Autodesk

Love this idea!

Has this feature been added? I would like to dummy-proof these barcodes and control/ set the viewpoint that opens in BIM 360 Field. I tried to assign a save viewpoint in Navisworks to an object, but that doesn't seem possible either. Let me know. Thanks! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report