Community
BIM 360 Glue Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Glue Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360 Glue topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Merged Model Crash

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jburke
1856 Views, 4 Replies

Open Merged Model Crash

Several of our users are having issues opening a merged model.  Immediately after clicking on a merged model, the model viewer begins to open and then the program crashes and shuts down.  We've tried upgrading graphics card drivers and changing settings but no great results.  Still crashing.  Any recommendations or help?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
don_simpson
in reply to: jburke

Hi Jon,

Thank you for participating in our community!

In a separate conversation through the related support ticket, you had mentioned that the affected users have NVIDIA NVS 4200M graphics cards. Please have them download and install the driver from the link below to one of the machines and give it a try.
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/76996/en-us

Please let me know if additional help is still needed.

Thanks,
Don

Don Simpson

Don Simpson

Technical Support
Message 3 of 5
asettino

If they're able to open one of the individual models in the project have them open one of those models and go to options and then the advanced tab. Change the graphic system from Autodesk to Basic. They should be able to open merged models after that is changed.

If they can't open any models, have one of the users who is having the issue log onto their Glue account on one of the users computers who is not having the issue and can open models. They should be able to open a model on the users machine that does work. Once a model is open, go to options and then the advanced tab. Change the graphic system from Autodesk to Basic. That setting should hold for the user. When they go back to their own computer and log in they should be able to open models now.

I've created a very simple project to invite people to for this purpose. If they can't get to someone else's computer I invite them to the simple project which they can open without issue and change the same setting. 

Hope that helps. I'm not sure why both Navisworks and Glue have the default setting set to Autodesk render. It just slows everything down and seems to casue issues. 

Message 4 of 5
mshehataZNWXT

I have the same issues as well.

Message 5 of 5
mshehataZNWXT
in reply to: asettino

Which options and advanced tab you're referring to? can you be more specific?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report