Community
BIM 360 Field Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Field Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360 Field topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Barcodes to Drawings

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mikeruizzo3316
468 Views, 2 Replies

Linking Barcodes to Drawings

I have uploaded all of the drawing sets to our Field 360 site using the import utility.  I then created QR codes and linked those codes to each different set of drawings with the iPad.  After scanning the code, the app automatically takes you to the appropriate drawing.  It works perfectly on the iPad that I created all of the links with.  The problem I am having is with the QR code links translating to other users iPads.  They completely sync their iPads, but when they scan the codes, it tells them that the codes have not been mapped yet.

Can QR codes be used across multiple devices for linking to drawing sets?  If the codes need to be linked all over again on each iPad, then the functionality is basically useless for this purpose.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hello Mike,

If the iPad with the linked codes sync successfully then other users (based on their roles/permissions) should be able to download them on their iPad via complete sync process. We will need to troubleshoot this further. Please open a ticket with our Support team by sending an email to bim360field.support@autodesk.com with the following information:

- Name of the project

- User that linked the codes and was the sync successfully completed

- Are all the users not able to download the linked codes or few

- Provide name/email addresses of the users that are not able to download via sync

Once, all this info has been provided, a member of the support team will troubleshoot the problem and provide an update accordingly.

Thanks,

Chirag Modi
Message 3 of 3
mikeruizzo
in reply to: chirag.modi

Thanks for the reply.  I actually got it to work.  On the test iPad that I was using, the sync process must not have completed fully.  I tested it using a different iPad over a different WIFI connection and the barcodes linked to the drawing sets perfectly.  Awesome!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report