Community
BIM 360 Field Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Field Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360 Field topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking attachement to a location

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
smawl23
873 Views, 9 Replies

Linking attachement to a location

I know we can go to equipement and add an attachment to it, but is it possible to have the same functionality with a location.

For example am I able to go to a location and add an attachment?

I would like to have a location set, and be able to associate attachments, issues and checklists to it. I know I can do the issues through the location hierarchy by changing top level to the location. 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
chirag.modi
in reply to: smawl23

Hello,

You can link document(s) to the location(s) and then create an Issue. There are options where you can "link" the locations depending on what it is you're trying to do. However, it is not possible to go under the locations and then "attach" anythign to them. But, as mentioned, you can go under the Library - documents and link the document to the location.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to send an email to our support at bim360field.support@autodesk.com

Thanks,

Chirag Modi
Message 3 of 10
masha_volhina
in reply to: chirag.modi

Hello,

You mentioned that we can go to library and then link locations? Would that be done through an APP or Web?

I am currently linking drawings to locations under issues->pins. Am I doing this correctly?

Message 4 of 10
chirag.modi
in reply to: masha_volhina

Hello,

Linking the locations from the web prior to creating Issues using push pins will be more efficient. On the web from the project library, you will be able to mass link the locations which will make the process of creating Issues on the iPad very quick.  Please see below on how this can be done:

Documents may be linked to locations both for general reference and for creating push pins. Documents can be linked to a specific location(s) from the project library or by selecting the Issues button located in the homepage of BIM 360 Field.

Linking a document to one or more locations from the project library:

1. From the project home screen, click on the Library button in the upper right of the page.
  2. Click the Documents button in the upper right corner of the page. This button will be selected by default.
  3. Navigate to the document in which you would prefer to link and select the document by clicking on it.
  4. Click the Edit Location Links button.
  5. The Edit Location Links window will appear. Click the checkbox next to each location name to which the selected document should be linked.
  6. Click the Save button.

Linking a document to a specific location from the Issues button:

1. From the project home screen, click the Issues button on the left side of the page.
  2. The Change Location window will appear. Navigate to the location that the document is to be linked and click on that location.
  3. Click the Set Location button in the top right corner of the window.
  4. Click the Pins button that is located above the issues grid.
  5. Click the Add from Library button located at the bottom of the screen.
  6. Navigate to the document that is to be linked and click on that document to select it.
  7. Click the Add file button located in the top right corner of the window to associate the selected document to that location.

Thanks,

Chirag Modi
Message 5 of 10
masha_volhina

Thank you for the answer. That helps a lot!

I have another question, sometimes I accidently select the wrong drawing while linking it to the locations. How do I remove this drawing from that location?

Thank you once again for all of the help.

Message 6 of 10
chirag.modi

Maryia,

Yes, the documents can be unlinked from all locations or from a specific location without deleting the document itself from the project library. Once a document is unlinked, any document reference will also be removed. Issues created as push pins will no longer have a pin reference.

Removing a document from all locations to which it is linked:

1. From the project home screen, click on the Library button in the upper right of the page.
  2. Click the Folders button in the upper right of the page. This is the default view when viewing project library documents.
  3. Click on the document name of which the links are to be removed and click the Remove Link button.
  4. A pop-up window will display to confirm that the links should be removed. Click OK.

Removing a document from a specific location to which it is linked:

2. Click the Locations button in the upper right of the page.
  3. Navigate to the specific location in which the link to be removed may be found and click on the document link to be removed.
  4. Click the Remove Link button.
  5. A pop-up window will display to confirm that the links should be removed. Click OK.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Chirag Modi
Message 7 of 10
masha_volhina

That was exactly what I was looking for. Big THANK YOU!

Message 8 of 10
chirag.modi

You are very welcome..!

Chirag Modi
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

I don't appear to be able to follow this process. Is this process still valid? I want to be able to link drawings to locations on the computer so that pins can be added to the drawing showing the location of issues.
Message 10 of 10
ccook
in reply to: Anonymous

I think this should cover any questions you may have.
https://youtu.be/nrW-uLP89q8?t=3m55s

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report