Community
BIM 360 Field Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Field Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360 Field topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Updates

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
501 Views, 3 Replies

Daily Updates

I like the Daily Updates feature, however I know that we are unlikely use it unless it is part of the iPad app as we have something similar for the desktop already. That being said, I tested it on the desktop and found a couple of issues.

1. when adding photos, I want to be able to choose photos from those taken with the iPad and that have been synced to BIM 360 Field and it seems that I can't do this, I have to choose photos that have been saved to my desktop machine harddrive which as a rule, we don't do since we no longer use digital cameras. Maybe this is just user error but is there a way of adding photos from the photos section of BIM 360 Field desktop application, not my computer harddrive?

2. I have entered a number of postcodes to try to sync the weather and BIM 360 Field seems unable to find my location. Is this because it is asking for a ZIP Code and I'm providing a British Postal Code?

Overall, I love the idea for a daily updates section but it needs to be on the mobile device and we need to be able to add photos from BIM 360 Field.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
chirag.modi
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Michaela,

Thank you for participating in our community forms.

If the photos taken on your iPad and synced while being attached to Issues/checklists etc, you will need to first download and save the photos to your desktop then use it else where. The Daily Updates feature will be available for the iPad in one of our future releases, we do not have an ETA of the release date at time time.

Currently, the weather field is limited to the zip codes in the US only. Please send your request as an enhancement to our Idea Station at http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/BIM-360-IdeaStation/idb-p/2032

Thanks,

Chirag Modi
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: chirag.modi

Thank you for your response.
This is a real shame as it would be used far more if it were part of the app and if photos could be added via the app. Currently, our teams fill in a checklist that we have titled 'Site Diary' and are able to attach photographs to it as well as completing it in the field.
This is a far more efficient method for them so they will be unlikely to use the daily updates section as it stand currently.
Message 4 of 4
Hossein.ghashghaei
in reply to: Anonymous

I agree with you, we have the same difficulty to link the daily update pictures to a location code. I am looking forward to the see if there is a possibility to link a picture to a location code on daily updates.

@chirag.modi , do you have any idea regards linking a location code to the pictures on daily updates.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report