Community
BIM 360 Field Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 Field Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360 Field topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIM Project Checklist Help

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
388 Views, 1 Reply

BIM Project Checklist Help

Help!  Updating checklists company-wide is taking me forever.  It doesn't seem like you can push a revision out to the projects?  Or only allow them to pick from a single checklist?  Am I missing something?  Any ideas for avoiding going to each and every project and updating the checklist?

I have seen this status in the import checklist screen which might help.  Does anyone know how to revise this checklist status?  Not open/closed but active vs inactive.  Didn't see anything in the checklist editing or at an enterprise level.  Also, if its set to inactive what does that mean?  Can that be used to keep teams from importing a checklist other than the company standard or does that prevent them from using that checklist at all?

Checklist Status.JPG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
don_simpson
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Alyssa,

We spoke a little while ago about the issues below.

We spoke about creating a "template" project as a way to standardize templates that are available in your projects, particularly when a project is first created. The "template" project would have all of the data that is to be standard and used as a base when using the copy project function.

You are correct that once the project is created or the template imported, a separate instance of that template is then created. If there was a standard change that applied to multiple templates of that type, the change would need to be made individually to all templates to update for the change. Having a way to push out a change to multiple templates would be an enhancement. I recommended submitting this through the Idea Station.

The status of the checklist reflects the status of the project which it came. If the project was inactive, the status of the related templates would be inactive.

Thanks for the using the Forum!

Don

Don Simpson

Technical Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report