Community
BIM 360 API Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s BIM 360 API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360 API topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

api/get_equipment returns empty value for custom fields

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
abhijit.damle
453 Views, 5 Replies

api/get_equipment returns empty value for custom fields

I am calling api api/get_equipment with details = all and I do get custom fields in my response however I get empty value field for all custom fields. How do I fix it? attached is response I get for custom fields

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi Abhijit, 

I recall my colleague reported a similar issue not long time ago. By default, you don't see the value of custom field till the user update it.  You should be able to get default value, using /api/custom_fields. you can use default value if there is no value with customer field.  

Could you take a look and see this works? 

Mikako Harada
Developer Technical Services
Message 3 of 6

The values for custom fields for some equipments is different than the default so I can't really use output of /api/custom_fields

Message 4 of 6

abihijit,

I tried randomly to see if I can create a case where a customer property having a different value in UI, yet returning "" by API.  But I cannot.  

It might be a special data.  But is it possible to describe a step to reproduce?  

Maybe you can export and and see if it produces the issue?  

If so, maybe you can make a minimum data set and share with us?  

Please make sure you don't send us confidential information. 

Mikako Harada
Message 5 of 6

Hi Here is what I am doing. I am calling api https://bim360field.autodesk.com/api/login. Then using ticket I get, I am calling api https://bim360field.autodesk.com/api/get_equipment passing parameters ticket, project_id and details=all. In response I get many standard and custom fields but I still don't get following fields in response Status (I get guid for this instead of text value), Type (I get guid for this instead of text value), Location Path, Install Date, Model (we have two fields with same name Model but API only gives value for 1), Set. If I do export data manually I get human readable values for those fields for which don't even show in api export response. Also in my equipment data I have 2 fields with same name and manual export is able to export both fields however api export only contains one of them. Don't know how to change my api call so that response exactly matches manual export. I also observed that manual export is calling EquipmentUtils.exportEquipment('xls') so don't know if Autodesk is using get_equipmnt api in background or something else to export data.

Message 6 of 6

Hi Abhijit, 

It's difficult to read your description.  But looks like your question has shifted from a field value being blank to your wishing to get a list like UI exports?   

I do see more properties in UI's export.  If you see GUID, then you will need to drill down those info. further.  Quickly looking at, for example, if you have area_id, you can use api/area to get location name and path.  We cannot assume UI and API call always match. 

Mikako Harada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report