Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the Offset command

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1268 Views, 4 Replies

Using the Offset command

I've just started using AS 10 and, according to Help, an entity can be offset a specific distance by entering the value in the Edit Bar. When selecting the command, however, the Edit Bar does not appear. It is checked on the Toolbar list. How do you make the Edit Bar available when using the Offset command?

KAE
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi KAE

The edit bar opens when a command is selected, and changes accordingly. So when you select offset the bar does not show offset and distance box? Does the edit bar show when other tools are active like line, circle, etc?

Regards
Jason
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

The Edit Bar does appear for other commands, e.g. Line and Circle. It doesn't appear when Offset is selected until I select an entity, place the new one and then right click. Then, when the Edit Bar does appear, there is no field available to place it a specific distance from the original entity. There's just the coordinates, the length (in this case just a line) and the angle.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I don't think you are picking the offset command.
On the All-In-One tool bar it is just below the dimension fly out and the
command has a triangle (Delta) on it.
On the menu the command is Draw>Duplicate>Offset.

Rod

wrote in message news:6384522@discussion.autodesk.com...
The Edit Bar does appear for other commands, e.g. Line and Circle. It
doesn't appear when Offset is selected until I select an entity, place the
new one and then right click. Then, when the Edit Bar does appear, there is
no field available to place it a specific distance from the original entity.
There's just the coordinates, the length (in this case just a line) and the
angle.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I am using the Offset command. What I didn't understand is that the Parallel command places a parallel line at any distance, while the Offset command allows the setting of a specific distance from the selected entity. I thought they were used together. The documentation wasn't clear but your explanations were. Thanks for your help.

KAE

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report