daveco
7047 Views, 9 Replies

trial autosketch

Is there a place to download a trial version of autosketch? Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: daveco

No there isn't. You should ask any specific questions about it here, and watch the responses. A trial version of a relatively simple cad program such as this, wouldn't make any sense. You wouldn't get to see how it really works. And the cost is minimal to begin with. If this is your first cad program, you can't really go wrong. daveco wrote: > Is there a place to download a trial version of autosketch? Thanks
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

I'm with Dave on this one, I wish there was one. Even if it was only for a couple days (a 72 hour or one week would be fine) it would be nice to assess if the upgrade's are worthwhile. I'm currently using v.8 and am not sure if it's worth it to upgrade to 9. If they had some way i could test it out and i found the "improved" symbols and such to be worthwhile, Autodesk would be up another buck.
However, I do understand where there isn't, since it is entry-level software. *shrug*

Anyway, Dave, maybe you can find an older version used or something for short money to decide. If you think you can work without a command line, it's really not a half-bad piece of software. 4 stars in my value for price category.

oops... I just noticed this is a month old. The sketch group moves a whole lot slower than the CAD counterpart. sorry =) Message was edited by: Danizwhoiam
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Hi, Excuse me being cynical but... maybe the upgrade isn't worthwhile? So Adesk wouldn't earn anything, and Adesk know it! Mark "Danizwhoiam" wrote in message news:16324375.1105382772121.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I'm with Dave on this one, I wish there was one. Even if it was only for a couple days (a 72 hour or one week would be fine) it would be nice to assess if the upgrade's are worthwhile. I'm currently using v.8 and am not sure if it's worth it to upgrade to 9. If they had some way i could test it out and i found the "improved" symbols and such to be worthwhile, Autodesk would be up another buck. > However, I do understand where there isn't, since it is entry-level software. *shrug* > > Anyway, Dave, maybe you can find an older version used or something for short money to decide. If you think you can work without a command line, it's really not a half-bad piece of software. 4 stars in my value for price category.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

I'm actually surprised they don't have any trial download. I have been using TurboCad for a couple of years now (for my hobby), and am now considering upgrading to a later version, then someone suggested me to take a look at AutoSketch, but how can I know if I will like it or not?, According to their own add of course it's the best thing out there for the price, but I think $120 for an app you can't try before you buy is a bit expensive. I haven't checked whether they have a 30 days money back guarentee or not, but I sure would like to play with it for a weekend before I decide. Jesper
Message 6 of 10
jamesecox

A trial version of a relatively simple cad program such as this,
wouldn't make any sense
THIS IS THE MOST IGNORANT STATMENT EVER
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Huh...???

wrote in message news:5840189@discussion.autodesk.com...
A trial version of a relatively simple cad program such as this,
wouldn't make any sense
THIS IS THE MOST IGNORANT STATMENT EVER
Message 8 of 10
fredt

So, when someone is trying to give him says something that he doesn't agree with he calls it "the most ignorant statement ever". I'm not "with" such rudeness.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

jamesecox wrote:
> A trial version of a relatively simple cad program such as this,
> wouldn't make any sense
> THIS IS THE MOST IGNORANT STATMENT EVER

Actually, Mr. Cox, ignorance is far better than
stupid, hardly in the same category. You clearly
are a poster-boy for the latter. It's statement,
by the way.

Personally I feel it beneath me to address ad
hominem statments (sic), but in this case the hole
was too wide to by-pass. Please troll-post here
more frequently so that the rest of us ignorant
people can have a few laughs.

_h
Message 10 of 10
jbrown70

I am suprised there is not a better capabilities section or any e-mail support. I just need to open a dwg and add a layer with some simple blocks and a couple of lines of text.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report