Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking DWG file into Autosketch

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
milesk
250 Views, 5 Replies

Taking DWG file into Autosketch

I sent a blank drawing format (Autocad ver 2000) with an attributed titleblock to a vendor who was supposed to create some simple tag drawings using Autosketch (ver 8). He tells me that he does not have any command to fill in these attributes and had to explode the block and create text entities. I don't know anything about Autosketch so I would like to know if he's correct, or whether he just isn't fully aware of his software capabilities. If necessary I could e-mail someone the titleblock to experiment with.

Thank,
Kim Miles
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: milesk

What is an attributed title block? I sometimes need to explode AutoCAD blocks to get them to transfer properly into AutoSketch. If you just have a couple of attributes in a small file, you can post it here. milesk wrote: > I sent a blank drawing format (Autocad ver 2000) with an attributed titleblock to a vendor who was supposed to create some simple tag drawings using Autosketch (ver 8). He tells me that he does not have any command to fill in these attributes and had to explode the block and create text entities. I don't know anything about Autosketch so I would like to know if he's correct, or whether he just isn't fully aware of his software capabilities. If necessary I could e-mail someone the titleblock to experiment with. > > Thank, > Kim Miles
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Len has missed the point....again....!!! All my Title Block are 'attributed' and some (but not all) attributes created in AutoCAD and then opened in AutoSketch/QuickCAD will not translate correctly and will need to be "re-formulated/re-created". In AutoSketch, this can be achieved via (Menu) "Database". AutoSketch/QuickCAD vs AutoCAD are not 100% compatible. Sad but true. Quite frankly, I would steer clear of any vendors using AutoSketch/QuickCAD.....it will become messy....as you have already discovered. Ric Norris. http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings "milesk" wrote in message news:32577451.1091470230161.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > I sent a blank drawing format (Autocad ver 2000) with an attributed titleblock to a vendor who was supposed to create some simple tag drawings using Autosketch (ver 8). He tells me that he does not have any command to fill in these attributes and had to explode the block and create text entities. I don't know anything about Autosketch so I would like to know if he's correct, or whether he just isn't fully aware of his software capabilities. If necessary I could e-mail someone the titleblock to experiment with. > > Thank, > Kim Miles
Message 4 of 6
milesk

Thanks to both of you. I was not happy about the Autosketch either, think we should require a copy of Autocad LT be gotten if he's going to continue doing these.

Kim
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Ric Norris wrote: > Len has missed the point....again....!!! > > I can only miss the point once I understand what is happening.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Ric Norris wrote: > All my Title Block are 'attributed' and some (but not all) attributes > created in AutoCAD and then opened in AutoSketch/QuickCAD will not translate > correctly and will need to be "re-formulated/re-created". In AutoSketch, > this can be achieved via (Menu) "Database". Can you do this once and use the reformulated one for all future jobs? > > AutoSketch/QuickCAD vs AutoCAD are not 100% compatible. Sad but true. > Quite frankly, I would steer clear of any vendors using > AutoSketch/QuickCAD.....it will become messy....as you have already > discovered. Ric is correct that AutoSketch/QuickCAD is not 100% compatible. However, the person may be able to make some changes as indicated above and structure his drawing so that they do transfer well. If he also gets a copy of AutoCAD LT, he may be able to use AutoSketch for drawing and LT to make sure it looks OK. Ric clearly thinks this is not worth it. Yet that is exactly what I have been doing for over 8 years.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report