Did you mean: 

Symbols and Fields

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
slawol256
882 Views, 12 Replies

Symbols and Fields

Hi,
I need explanation. I'd create symbol in AutoSketch 10 and I'd assigned fields and I'd set Values for each field, but I couldn't see any values on screen. Please help, how I can create symbols to make value of fields visible. I can't find anything in Help, maybe someone had experience with this problem, maybe I combine with wrong way!

Regards
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
000jdi
in reply to: slawol256

Hi

Did you goto database, make visible?

Regards

Jason
Regards
Jason
Message 3 of 13
slawol256

I try it, but the effect isn't good for me. I've imagined this, the same like blocks in AutoCAD for example I set field: number of outlet and I can write everything I want and this appear inside symbol. After that, I paste second symbol and I can write other number. Is it possible in AutoSketch?
Actually when I make visible, I received effect like -> see attachement.
How I can make symbol with arguments to change?

BR
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

Jason,

You will help this man please.

_h

slawol256 wrote:
> I try it, but the effect isn't good for me. I've imagined this, the same like blocks in AutoCAD for example I set field: number of outlet and I can write everything I want and this appear inside symbol. After that, I paste second symbol and I can write other number. Is it possible in AutoSketch?
> Actually when I make visible, I received effect like -> see attachement.
> How I can make symbol with arguments to change?
>
> BR
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
Message 5 of 13
000jdi

Hi , BR
You can drag symbols in add new fields to them. You can also change the individual values of each symbol for any field you create. So drag a symbol in and edit by:

Database -->options----> Field tab, create new fields enter the name pick the type number, string, length angle.

Then click on symbol you want to update field goto database ---> assign field click the filed and enter the value.

Is this what you are looking for ?, if not please post a sample skf with text boxes showing what you want to appear in the symbols and we can help you that way.

Regards
Jason Edited by: 000jdi on Feb 11, 2010 9:13 PM
Regards
Jason
Message 6 of 13
slawol256

Hi,

Thank you Jason. I'd tried to make symbol with visible fields, but I see new problem. Maybe you know, how I can place fields in position, which I want. For example: number in left up corner, surface in left down corner, room_name in right up corner, surface material in right down corner. I attached file with my symbol. Pls, re-organize my symbol if you can.

Best Regards

Slawomir

P.S.
BR is shortcut Best Regards
Message 7 of 13
000jdi

Hi, Slawomir

Yes you can have custom fields postioned where you want but you have to use text with formulas.
<%db(variable)> Inserts database field information specific to a particular symbol. Variable is the name of a database field.

see attached example, sorry I didn't arrange a you described, but you can open the symbol, explode and see the formulas.

So new file , create database fields you want, then add a text point text line with <%db(variable)>, check formula box. Add as many as you want then save as symbol, fill out the values for the fields. As with any symbol you can check the add vaules upon load or load with default and edit fields for each object later.

Please post specific questions as needed, but try that and see where you get.

Regards, Jason

Edited by: 000jdi on Feb 13, 2010 10:31 AM
Regards
Jason
Message 8 of 13
slawol256

Thanks Jason,

I apply your suggestions, but I make mistake yet. How can I cut the text "<%db(cabinet)>" behind my number FD-01? I have problems, I can't understand options I try apply some of these, but effects on the screen are diffrent than I'm waiting.

pls, help one more time

Regards

Slawek
Message 9 of 13
000jdi

Hi Slawek

When I look at your file I see you did not check the formula box when creating the text point db line. See picture. Also goto database make invisible you only want to display the fields you created with the text line.

Regards Jason Edited by: 000jdi on Feb 13, 2010 10:01 PM
Regards
Jason
Message 10 of 13
000jdi

Hi Slawek

The FD-01 you see in behind you text line is the field assigned to the symbol, the automatic type fields that only display centered on the symbol. You want to focus on textpoint field callouts using <%db(variable)> , so turn off the fields display goto database --> make invisible and select the symbol. If you box was checked your text line would show FD-01.

When you create new objects add fields then add text lines <%db(variable)> for every field you want to display , and you must check the evalute formula box !!! before creating a new symbol.
Post back if you need more help after you try this.
Regards Jason
Regards
Jason
Message 11 of 13
slawol256

Thanks Jason, You're great! I think that the most improtant thing to make symbol I get from you. My last question: Is standard keybord shortcut to edit Field in place drawing, not from Menu? Maybe is possible to set keybord shortcut for this special command.

Best Regards

Slawek
Message 12 of 13
000jdi

Hi Slawek

Set a custom keyboard shortcut in tools --> Customize commands

Regards
Jason
Regards
Jason
Message 13 of 13
slawol256

Thanks

Sławek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report