Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.skf files COMPLETELY disappear on both hard drive and stick back-up

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
gizmospike
696 Views, 3 Replies

.skf files COMPLETELY disappear on both hard drive and stick back-up

It's as if a function specifically looks for the file and deletes it both places. I have started removing my stick every time I edit a file. We purchased a computer with Windows 7 in September, but this just started in February. (I did not have the back-up box checked in Options. I do now.) Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Fred9002
in reply to: gizmospike

First guess is that it may not be as perceived.  Seems implausible that AutoSketch would have a search-and-destroy function that searches the computer for .skf files and deletes them.   Could there be some other issue that is confusing the situaiton like: 

-Files never were really saved

- Look different because Win 7 is hiding the extensions

- You aren't loooking direct at the resources / drives but instead at some other Windows false-intelligence crap that is trying to play middleman? (libraries or whatever)

- You are searching wrong. Search set for fiels with different extions etc. 

Suggest verifying that the file is saved  and where it's REALLy at.  Then look at it later via a direct file viewing method at the actual resource (C:\) 

Just a few thoughts  Maybe all no good.

Fred9002

Message 3 of 4
gizmospike
in reply to: Fred9002

Thanks Fred9... LOL - I really didn't think there was any need for paranoia... but the files are just plain gone! The files were saved, because an old version, without new/updated information, was found on an older back-up CD. We are using Win Explorer and all file extensions show, including .skf files from other projects. We store our files in a data drive (D:\) and in this case as I mentioned, duplicated on a flash drive.

Anyway, we've 'checked' the Back-up box now...

This will likely remain a mystery.

Message 4 of 4
StevenMac
in reply to: gizmospike

Kill all background tasks. I wonder if antivirus is removing these files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report