Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several problems w/ AS 9

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
ATS1237
817 Views, 0 Replies

Several problems w/ AS 9

I'm operating on Windows 7 Professional, and have been for awhile.  I haven't really had any real problems until resently.  I'm now having a lot of issues, and one of the frusterating things is they don't happen each time.  First issue, is compatability with Acrobat Reader X, I need to have that installed since that's how our computers open online attachements and stuff.  But when I import a PDF, sometimes it doesn't import the entire picture and sometimes it does, but I can't zoom in to the object.   So I've reinstalled Adobe 7.0 Standard, and saved the files I use for AS under 7.0 Standard.  Some days I don't have any issues at all, other days even though I do everything to make sure it's opening in 7.0 Standard, it still opens in Reader.  Lately, importing any PDF at all freezes the program.

I've started to import images as .jpg to try and avoid the PDF issue.  I use the same settings on our scanner, and the same setting on my AS drawing.  Sometimes, the image is clear, sometimes it's a big blur.  Originally, I thought it was just the quality of image I was scanning.  So test it I used the same image and created a several new drawings all with the same settings.  Each AS drawing imported the .jpg image differently (some clear, some blurry).

Another intermediate issue, is entities have been "switching" layers.  I will create an entity in one layer, and when I go back to that entity I will discover that it is saved in a layer that has never been opened.

My tool buttons, do not always work.  My save icon will do a save as, my elipse icon will make a sqare.  These also don't happen all the time.

And that's just a start.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report