Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a default setting for opening

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
361 Views, 7 Replies

Setting up a default setting for opening

I would like to be able to set it up so that everytime I open the program that 1) the text size is already set at a certain size & 2) I would also like to set it up so that only the endpoint snap is automatically on & no others when I open the program to a new drawing. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
fredt
in reply to: Anonymous

For the snaps, the settings at tool-> drawing options -> drawing, make your snap choices and then "save as default"

For the text size, set it on a blank drawing, then make that into a template and then set that as your default template.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Thank you. I went right in & set the snaps the way I wanted them & that is a big help. I was hoping to be able to set the text size in a similar manner, as I knew about the template way to do that but usually I am opening files where placing them into a template is just an extra step & not necessary. But I'll try both & see which is more convenient.

Thanks again,
Jess
Message 4 of 8
fredt

Hello Jess,

From what I can see, the default text size is really just the most-recently-used text size, and is a property of the document/template. And so for an existing drawing, I think that if you just change it once it will "stick" until/unless you change it.

I just mentioned "template" for new drawings. Every new drawing starts from a template, e.g. the default template.

Fred
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

The problem for me has been that I've been taking designs that were done in another graphics program that have been converted to DXF so that we can bring them into Autosketch to set their origins where they need to be & add some macros that we need for another CAM conversion to a proprietary format. Anyway, when I bring in the DXF generated by the other program it comes in with Text height being 0. It doesn't seem to stick from the last time that I had a file open in AS. It just reverts back to 0. Oh well, so it goes.
Thanks,
Jess
Message 6 of 8
fredt

Hello Jess,

I was saying "stick" I meant with the backdrop of me saying that it's a property of the drawing/template, (and a presumption that you're saving them as .skf) and so it should "stick" for that drawing. So, I think that you have to set it once (and hopefully only once) for each drawing

Fred
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

I see, yes, it does already do that. But in several of my other programs I am able to set preferences right from the start & that is the way it is everytime I open the program, regardless of the file that I've opened. All the previously saved work is as it should be, however anything new has text size, line size, etc already set.
Thank you.
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Set up a blank drawing the way you want it and then save it somewhere safe.
Then go to File>New>Template (tab)
create a new template fro your saved drawing.
Then open it and tick "default"
and from then on you can hit the white new file tool on the AutoSketch
desktop and your file will become the standard.

Paul J

wrote in message news:5872248@discussion.autodesk.com...
I see, yes, it does already do that. But in several of my other programs I
am able to set preferences right from the start & that is the way it is
everytime I open the program, regardless of the file that I've opened. All
the previously saved work is as it should be, however anything new has text
size, line size, etc already set.
Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report