Did you mean: 

Scaling an Entity in Autosketch 9 Build 88 7/8/2004

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gregvalentine
476 Views, 2 Replies

Scaling an Entity in Autosketch 9 Build 88 7/8/2004

I set the decimal precision to 0.001

I need to scale on the y-axis only, to scale an object 30x42.857 to 30x48, a factor of 1.120 on the y-scale.

I selected the grouped object and dimensions. (The object is made up of arcs and lines.

I have tried to scale by dragging down the y-axis, holding down shift to unconstrain the x- and y-scale (described in Help), and the y-scale only rescales, but when I release the button, the x-scale rescales, also.

I have tried using Transform,Scale, unchecking the Scaling Factor check box, used (1.000,.1.200) to scale y-axis only, but I get the same result, with the x-scale affected, also.

When I try the same on a simple box, the y-scale rescales, leaving the x-scale unaffected.

What do I need to do?

Thanks.

Greg
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
000jdi
in reply to: gregvalentine

Hi Greg

The transform scale should work by entering the 1.00,1.20 in the bar and then selecting the basepoint. I tried several drawings with dimensions as part of the group and not and the object scaled on one axis and the dimensions updated. May be something with the particular objects you have grouped? I guess you did not want to post the file, Is it only the one group that doesn't work have you tried on other objects beside the single box?

Regards

Jason Edited by: 000jdi on Jan 8, 2010 9:33 PM
Regards
Jason
Message 3 of 3

Thanks, Jason.

Here's the file.

When I try to scale one axis of the rectangle, it works both by Transform/Scale (1.00,1.120) and shift-drag. The shift drag on the rectangle only works to scale the y-axis only. When I try the same after selecting the grouped objects (not including the rectangle), both approaches end up with both axes scaled, and objects distorted on the x-axis. There is no x-axis distortion during the shift drag until the drag is released.

Very frustrating when I want to change the entire object to 30x48.

Thanks

Greg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report