Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registering AS issues

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Fleetz
967 Views, 12 Replies

Registering AS issues

I purchased AS10 from Amazon and once installed I tried to register my purchased AS10 online. It refuses to accept my registration. I am suspecting that it doesn't like the fact that I am in Australia?

Anyway I have emailed Autodesk support on a couple of occasions informing them I can not register the product online and can they assist and have got no reply.

Anyone else experience this before?

Regards,

Fleetz
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
jessica.t
in reply to: Fleetz

Hi @Fleetz,

What does the exact error messaging say during registration? And yes, you need to purchase a license that is valid in Australia as licenses are country specific and not global.

Also, when purchasing from Amazon, you must buy directly from them and not a third party reseller, i.e. you cannot buy from "John Smith" who is selling his used license through Amazon. The reseller must be listed as Amazon. If this isn't the case, please contact Amazon directly to initiate a return.

Lastly, I tried searching for any support cases associated to your email address but found zero results. If you could provide the case number that would be great.

Please reply to this post with any further information, questions, or concerns. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 13
Fleetz
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for the prompt reply...appreciated.

I have not been able generate a ticket number. I have emailed rtxml-ap.register@activation.autodesk.com with all the details relating to the issue. No reply from that email address.

Maybe if you can point to where I should generate a support ticket or Via PM give me your email address and I can forward the email with the details to you.

As to the Amazon purchase it was via Amazon Export Sales Inc by Autodesk. There were no caveats at the time I placed the order and the shipping address was direct to my Australian home address. I did contact a local Aussie distributor and got a price but it was close to double the Amazon price....I try and support local but the price delta was huge. The local distributor suggested I should buy via Amazon...so I believe I was doing the right thing.

Let me know how you prefer me to proceed.

Regards,

Fleetz
Message 4 of 13
jessica.t

It would be best to contact the Activation and Registration team directly by taking the following steps exactly:

1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance

**If the agents on chat are all busy please be sure to submit a web case.

And the email address you've provided is not a valid email address for the above team. Where did you find it? We'd definitely like to get it removed if we can to avoid this type of confusion in the future.

It also sounds like you did take the best route for purchasing if your direct reseller was listed as Amazon. The Activation and Registration team will be able to assist here. Thank you for participating in the community!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 13
Fleetz

Hi Jessica,

Thank you again for reaching out.

Will do I will get this done sometime over the weekend.

I will also try and relocate where that email address is located and let you know.

Regards,

Fleetz
Message 6 of 13
Fleetz

Hi Jessica,

Was finally able to send the request through. Could not find generate a report code so I just typed in a message saying the same and it finally went through.

Hopefully your support team can sort it all out from here..

Thanks again.

Regards,

Ian

Message 7 of 13
Fleetz

Hi Jessica,

Did not get the support response I was expecting. Very disappointing. 

Seem they want the customer to go back to Amazon to sort the issue out. I assume that given I had AS10 sent to my home address and there were no issues with Amazon selling and sending my Australian address then Amazon are authorised by Autodesk to do so. If this is not the case why as the customer should I go back to Amazon.....should not Autodesk do this?

All I have done is purchased AS10 through an authorised dealer (Amazon Export Inc by Autodesk) who had no issue where I was located. 

Here is the response I got.

Regards,

Fleetz

Hello from Autodesk,

Thanks for writing to get help activating your software. Here's the Serial Number you sent:

Serial number: 5XX-4XXXXXXX

The License associate with that Serial Number doesn't include use and activation in your region: [Australia].

Please contact the seller for further assistance.

To transfer the license to your region, please contact an authorized Autodesk reseller in your country for further assistance. To locate an Autodesk reseller in your region, please visit www.autodesk.com/reseller.

I've also included some resources related to activation that should help you solve the problem:

Transferring Software to a Different Computer

How to Transfer Stand-Alone Autodesk Licenses Online

Online License Transfer FAQs

Activating Software License

Autodesk Product Activation FAQs

Product Reactivation FAQs

Activate or Reactivate Online

Virtual Agent and Live Chat

Autodesk Activation & Registration Help (Click "Need Assistance") 

I hope this helps.

Fxxxx Gxxxxxx

Autodesk

More Activation & Registration Help | Activate or Reactivate Online

Customer Satisfaction Survey

You'll receive a survey invitation from us soon. I encourage you to give feedback about your experience with Autodesk (and me). We’ll use your input to transform the way we do business with all of our customers.

Message 8 of 13
StevenMac

Why register it? There's no more support for this old programme.

Message 9 of 13
Fleetz
in reply to: StevenMac

Good point Steven. I suppose it is me trying to do the right thing. Seems the serial number and being in Australia is the issue.

Frankly after the response over the last 24 hours from AD "support" on my trying to do right thing and registering the product I have just about given up.

Seems I am on my own. Go back to Amazon and get them to sort the serial number issue, return it for credit and buy directly from AD online (which I am unable to find where) or buy it from a local reseller at around twice the price.

Spent 30 odd minutes with Amazon today explaining the situation. I finally have got them to agree to contact AD. We will see....but given what I have had back from AD to date I ain't holding my breath.

Fleetz
Message 10 of 13
jessica.t

Hi @Fleetz,

I am sorry to have given you the run around but returning to the reseller is usually your best option as you did business directly with them. Again, apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you but I'm glad Amazon will be taking care of you.

If you have any other questions or concerns please let me know. Thank you,

Jessica Thrasher
Message 11 of 13
Fleetz

Thanks Jessica,

I have appreciated your efforts.

At the request of your support people I have asked Amazon to contact AD to provide a serial number that is supported here. I assume this is possible as support have suggested this as an option......let's see what support Amazon receive who are AD's customer?

A Steve rightly points out AS is no longer a supported product so it is not a big deal.....I am old school and always buy software and register it.

Let's see what support AD provide Amazon

Thanks again Jessica

Regards,

Fleetz

Message 12 of 13
Fleetz

Update.

After 3 weeks since contacting Amazon no reply or support on this issue. Sold me a product as an authorised reseller of Autodesk products and zippo support. Zippo is what I have got from Autodesk by way of support on registering my purchase.

I feel that Amazon and Autodesk have hung me out to dry!

Fleetz

Message 13 of 13
jessica.t

Hi @Fleetz,

So sorry for the late reply, I will contact you via private message.

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report