Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing views in AS9 as equivalent of sheets in AS2.1

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
229 Views, 0 Replies

Printing views in AS9 as equivalent of sheets in AS2.1

I have been a user of AutoSketch for a long time, initially in DOS then in Windows, using version 2.1 since it came out. I upgraded to the (Drafix) V5 when it came out but didn't like it (completely different method of working). I was obviously not alone as AutoDesk offered refunds to revert to 2.1. I have now got to the point where my latest printer won't print properly, although the program works fine, so I have acquired V9, initially for printing only, as there is a steep learning curve and I only use the program occasionally, primarily to design plan layouts of theatre sets.

I have a large number of SKD files which AS9 opens happily with the relevant filter. The drawings (for various plays) shown the whole venue in plan and we use different areas (not just the main stage) for different productions. In AS2.1 it is easy to create a new sheet for a particular area, perhaps less than a quarter of the whole drawing, at a known printing scale. and move it to exactly the location required. So far I haven't been able to make the Window and Detail Views work in AS9, following the rather vague instructions in the Getting Started booklet. The program seems to print whatever it likes.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please? I've got a director wanting to see the stage plans asap.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report