Did you mean: 

Printing across several 11" x 17" pages problem in Autosketch 9

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1949 Views, 2 Replies

Printing across several 11" x 17" pages problem in Autosketch 9

Greetings,

For years we were able to print images in Autosketch on multiple sheets of 11" x 17" stock with an Epson wide format Stylus Photo 1280 printer in Windows Vista and XP on previous machines. We are now using Autosketch 9 and used in on our previous Vista machine. The pages could then be taped together for the full size image of the drawing. We have Autosketch 9 working fine on our new Windows 7 machine and printing the usual renderings on single 11" x 17" sheets. However when printing an image larger than this page size, we can't get the selected page sizes to stay in place and only can get part of each multiple page to print out and not covering a full 11 x 17 sheet. We are using the driver that came with Windows 7 as Epson does not have one yet. Before commenting on what we are seeing I should point out that I have gone back to our Vista and XP PCs and to great suprise we get similar results but we have not plugged the Epson printer into either of these computers to print out an image, just seeing the problem image in Print Preview.

Here is what we do: Image shows on gray Autosketch screen with part of it extending onto the white rectangle representing the default 8 1/2" x 11" print area.
Select File then page setup. Select B: 11 x 17in in Standard Size box. Select Landscape. Go to Printer page and under Paper Size: select US B 11 x 17 in.
Bo back to Size tab and select Tiling Pattern. Choose, for example 4 across and 3 up which shows 12 sheets in the Preview window. Select Print Preview. Image shows on the 12 pages with the image fitting inside the selected 12 sheets. Close Print Preview and return to Page Setup and where the 11" x 17" stock had shown previously it now shows Executive 7 1/4" x 10 1/2". Why did this change? The Tiling Pattern button is still highlighted but when printing out the image it prints a smaller image on the 11" x 17" sheet supposedly only using a 7 1/4" x 10 1/2" portion of the paper. We cannot get 11 x 17 setting to "hold" in the standard size window as we recall it did in the past even though the "Tiling Pattern" button was chosen. The Paper size under the Printer Page tab does not change. I have tried many tabs and selection settings and cannot repeat years of being able to print full size, 1 :1 with the printer. I am baffled. Doubt this matters but the printer is connected with a USB cable. Not sure if this issue is in Autosketch or Epson. I should mention it has been many months since we were able to do successful multi page printing. Can't figure what is different.

Hope someone can help and I hope it's one of the foolish "one click away" from a solution issues. Please email if more information will be helpful. I would think it was a Windows 7 issue but as mentioned it is happening on our previous machines. Autosketch and an 11 x 17 printer are vital in our woodworking plans business.

thank you kindly,
R. Packer
rpacker@xmission.com

Edited by: rpacker on Feb 12, 2010 7:34 AM Edited by: rpacker on Feb 12, 2010 7:35 AM
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
000jdi
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Mr Packer

See attached pdf file I printed a e size title block on a 3x3 tile pattern. Is this what you want a large print printed 1:1 on a tiled page output 11x17 size pages?

In order to eliminate the printer driver/window version try dowloading the cutepdf print driver, then setup you drawing to print as you do but print to pdf file and then you can always print the pdf file to your epson printer.

Try printing to pdf, and print the pdf I attached and see if that gives you what you want? Please post back if you need more help.

Regards
Jason
Regards
Jason
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

We are back in business. Thanks for taking the time to help.

R. Packer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report