Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panning sensitivity using Intellimouse

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
gmeltd
408 Views, 3 Replies

Panning sensitivity using Intellimouse

I've just upgraded from Autosketch v8 to v9. When panning by pressing the mouse centre wheel and moving the mouse, the movement of the image is violent and uncontrolled. It was not like that with v8. Is there a sensitivity setting that can be adjusted somewhere? Edited by: gmeltd on Feb 16, 2010 10:29 AM
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: gmeltd

The only sensitivity settings for the mouse that I know about are in
Windows, they're global.

Start>ControlPanel d-click Mouse icon. Check the hardware tab for
HID-compliance, check Properties for that, make sure you have the latest
driver, blahblah. Then check the Wheel tab for the proper settings. If
you change anything, don't forget to click Apply.

If that doesn't do it, I'm tapped.

_h

gmeltd wrote:
> I've just upgraded from Autosketch v8 to v9. When panning by pressing the mouse centre wheel and moving the mouse, the movement of the image is violent and uncontrolled. It was not like that with v8. Is there a sensitivity setting that can be adjusted somewhere?
>
> Edited by: gmeltd on Feb 16, 2010 10:29 AM
Message 3 of 4
000jdi

Do you have a MS Intellipoint mouse? Heard of ipoint.exe causing issues with some programs. You could try temporarly disabling ipoint.exe and trying again, or trying another mouse.

Do you have the latest drivers for you mouse if you are using software with the mouse...

Regards

Jason Edited by: 000jdi on Feb 16, 2010 6:48 PM
Regards
Jason
Message 4 of 4
gmeltd

Thanks for the replys and suggestions. I've since found a solution which is that the mouse centre wheel must be assigned to Autoscroll not Universal Scroll and the 'Use MS Office Compatible Scroll Only' box must be ticked. I've no idea what this all means but found it to work by trial and error

Regards

Graham

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report