AutoSketch

*Paul Jackson
Message 1 of 3 (580 Views)

Opening DWG files with AutoSketch.

580 Views, 2 Replies
01-07-2010 07:02 AM
If anyone with AutoSketch 6 or 8 is having problems opening autocad 2010 files etc... on the
autocad.com site there is a free download of a program called "DWG TrueView".

TrueView will open all DWG files and save them to an earlier version, say V14 or 2000.
AutoSketch V8 can then open these.

Finding the files after you have converted them is a bit of a game, but you probably got nothing
better to do any way.

Paul J
jeanmarcdd
Message 2 of 3 (580 Views)

Re: Opening DWG files with AutoSketch.

02-10-2010 03:51 AM in reply to: *Paul Jackson
the easiest way to convert a DWG to an SKF drawing is to copy your drawing to your desktop, open auto sketch and reduce to half screen, then just drag the icon into the drawing field and voila. Instant conversion
Contributor
shutterspeed6
Message 3 of 3 (580 Views)

Re: Opening DWG files with AutoSketch.

02-10-2010 09:30 PM in reply to: *Paul Jackson
Hello Paul,

May I please have a response to my emails of January 13th and 16th concerning my January 13 attempt to order your book. As you know better than anyone, the book is the only really exhaustive treatment of AS extant, and I am on tenterhooks with anticipation of its arrival. Did my order go through?

With eternal optimism,

John
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.