Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening DWG files with autosketch 10

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
CBHS
3347 Views, 5 Replies

Opening DWG files with autosketch 10

I just bought autosketch 10 because I was told I could edit the mechanical page for architects that use autocad. The problem I have I can't open their files. Do I need to have them save it in a different format? 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
StevenMac
in reply to: CBHS

Save in DXF.

When a company is so protectionist of a file extension, it screws the rest of us http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.dwg#Legal_issues

Who remembers the joys of the early .PDFs?

Message 3 of 6
pendean

R12DXF format is what you need to ask for from the file creators: not just "dxf", that's no help to you.

May I ask why you bought an ancient piece of old software when there are many freeware that read AutoCAD files just fine and let you do so much more than the clunker you wasted money on? Shoot the clueless-one that told you to do that, then search the internet for real CAD software that is 100% free, like Draftsight and DoubleCAD XT3.
Then you won't have to ask your file creator to send you anything other than real DWG files like they send everyone else they interact with.
Message 4 of 6
pendean
in reply to: StevenMac

Old news there Steven, catch up with the times: qualitry freeware if you can't buy quality professional grade software.
Message 5 of 6
rcreakman

Download and install DWG Trueview 2014, this program has a converting feature that I use when I have difficulty opening DWG's.  I do standard convert and open the DWG generated by the conversion.

Message 6 of 6
CBHS
in reply to: rcreakman

Thank you

Tom DeRousse

General Manager

Cool Breeze Home Solutions

Office: (520) 495-2227

Mobile: (520) 971-2371

Fax: (520)624-1521

Referrals are the best compliments of all Please think of Cool Breeze Air
Solutions For any Cooling, Heating & Plumbing needs

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report