Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open *.dwg File

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
hiscus
820 Views, 2 Replies

Open *.dwg File

Can anyone please help me? I do not know how to open a *.dwg file. When I attempt to open a simple house layout *.dwg file that was created with AutoCAD using my AUtoSketch program, it opens up a window that says "Open Shape File" and gives me a number of *.shx files. None of them work.

Can anyone help me get past this?

Or, alternatively, is it possible there is a kind soul out there (someone who is smarter than me?) who might be willing to open my *.dwg file and save it as an AUtoSketch file, so I can work on it?

I am a new AutoSketch user. I am neither an experienced CAD operator nor a designer. I am just a simple homeowner who wants to modify some *.dwg drawings for some home renovations. I didn't think Autoketch would be this hard.

Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: hiscus

Attach it here and upload to the group. I'm certain there's someone who
will do this for you. If you know how to zip the file, do that first,
then upload.

_h

hiscus wrote:
> Can anyone please help me? I do not know how to open a *.dwg file. When I attempt to open a simple house layout *.dwg file that was created with AutoCAD using my AUtoSketch program, it opens up a window that says "Open Shape File" and gives me a number of *.shx files. None of them work.
>
> Can anyone help me get past this?
>
> Or, alternatively, is it possible there is a kind soul out there (someone who is smarter than me?) who might be willing to open my *.dwg file and save it as an AUtoSketch file, so I can work on it?
>
> I am a new AutoSketch user. I am neither an experienced CAD operator nor a designer. I am just a simple homeowner who wants to modify some *.dwg drawings for some home renovations. I didn't think Autoketch would be this hard.
>
> Thank you.
Message 3 of 3
mrcouncil
in reply to: hiscus

The shx file is probably some complex type of linetype that was used in the drawing. I've heard of folks creating bogus shx (shape files) to fake the system out, but I don't have a clue what/how they did it.

Here's a topic that may shed some light on the issue;

http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=425715

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report