Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Older .skf files

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
amigdal
1374 Views, 5 Replies

Older .skf files

I have a number of .skf files dating from 2003-2004 that I need to access, but I have been unable to find a viewer for them or affirmation that a current version of Autosketch would be able to open them. Any suggestions would be welcome.... Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
000jdi
in reply to: amigdal

Hi, What version of AS were these files created in? 2003-2004 was around the AS9 time. There is no viewer for these files. I would think AS 9 or 10 would be able to open these files. If it is necessary you could have someone try 1 file for you and then you could decided how to proceed. Are you in need of the opening the file and reading only like printing to pdf or do you need to open and export as dxf,dwg?

Regards
Jason
Regards
Jason
Message 3 of 6
amigdal

Hi Jason, thanks for responding. As it happens, I have copies of the program files (but not the installation disk) for AS, and the version for the Sketch.exe file appears to be 8.0.23.0 - so I'm guessing version 8? If I knew someone with the program installed, I would happily ask them to open one of these files just to be sure before we purchased the software.

We do not need to do anything other than view the files and possibly print to pdf.
Message 4 of 6
StevenMac

Just attach a non-commercially sensitive file to your reply and I can check it with AS10.
Message 5 of 6
amigdal

Thank you - I finally got support at Autodesk to do just that, and they confirmed that AS10 was able to open the test file that I sent them.
Message 6 of 6
slang115

DO YOU HAVE AUTOSKETCH AND WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO CONVERT SOME SKF TO DWG FILES FOR ME?! PLEASE

STEVE.LANG@ASKTECHNOLOGIES.COM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report