Did you mean: 

Next edition of Autosketch roadmap?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
gubyan
1265 Views, 5 Replies

Next edition of Autosketch roadmap?

Hi there,

I m just wondering when there will be an new version of Autosketch? Since Autosketch 10 was released in 2008 (i think by looking at the documentation.)

Is Autodesk gonna release an new version of this program in the near future?

Kind regards,

Gubyan Smiley Happy

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
robincapperrcd
in reply to: gubyan

I don't know but suspect the likes of AutoCAD WS will replace it for basic 2D drawing (or just AutoCAD LT). From memory, and a post I wrote back in 2008, the last release was more of an update to get AutoSketch Vista compatible as anything. Perhaps it will get a Windows 8 update... I have a bit of a soft spot for AutoSketch, the first Autodesk app I owned! See http://rcd.typepad.com/rcd/autosketch/

Robin

AEC Collection & BIM 360 | Windows Surface Book & HP Z6 Workstation | Android Mobile

RobiNZ CAD Blog

Message 3 of 6
gubyan

I will look in t it, thank you for your response Smiley Happy

Gubyan,

ps. If anyone else knows if there's gonna be an update please let me know. (maybe for win8?)

Message 4 of 6
gubyan

Uhm, would it be possible to get a response from Autodesk? I know Autosketch is an orphan program in its portfolio, but i would really appreciate an official response. (Or do they not monitor these boards?)

Kind regards,

Gubyan

Message 5 of 6
pendean

Autosketch development stopped with Windows Vista my friends: it's dead to Win7, I honestly suspect it will not be rebooted for Win8 or a V11. Sorry.

I believe the dead product FREESTYLE was meant to be the new low offering, but its gone too.

You all better grab V10 while you can and start these conversions sooner rather than later: and by no means should you consider DXF as the format foe future protection IMHO.

Message 6 of 6
gubyan
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for your answer.

Question: Is this the official response from Autodesk? Or are you a super Disc Group user?

Kind regards,

Gubyan

ps. Send me an email please i guess then i know u work for Autodesk please.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report