AutoSketch

jqcf1
Message 1 of 3 (531 Views)

Newbie needs help

531 Views, 2 Replies
04-06-2010 10:57 AM
New to Autosketch 9 and would like to import a pdf file (a dwg) into Autosketch.
In fact, how do I import any variety file into Autosketch?

Can somebody help?

Thanks, John
Contributor
Kevin.Hutch
Message 2 of 3 (532 Views)

Re: Newbie needs help

04-12-2010 03:58 PM in reply to: jqcf1
I too have found a need for this, but alas so far only found a long way round.

1. Open the PDF drawing or photo select the required area ctrl C to copy.

2. Paste it (ctrl V) to a file opened in a graphics package "Paint" or "GIMP 2".

3. Crop and/or modify as required.

4. Save the file as a GIF file (I have found GIF the most effective for line drawings).

5. Open Autosketch and insert drawing as a separate layer.

6. Lock the layer and on another layer trace the outline or add the required additions.

If it is a complex original and sections are not required I "block out" with a white rectangle.

Kevin H
Active Contributor
thixoman
Message 3 of 3 (428 Views)

Re: Newbie needs help

09-09-2010 08:04 AM in reply to: jqcf1

Hi,

the file formats are incompatible, ,   like opening a word document in photoshop,

for years, i have been using scanvector,  I scan the drawing, (a raster image) and save as needed, and then open the file in SV an exportas a VECTOR/ dxf.  Open drawing program an insert into or  as I have had to do more often than not, open the dxf file an do a little "clean up", then save it and re-open / import to main drawing.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!