AutoSketch

jqcf1
Message 1 of 3 (535 Views)

Newbie needs help

535 Views, 2 Replies
04-06-2010 10:57 AM
New to Autosketch 9 and would like to import a pdf file (a dwg) into Autosketch.
In fact, how do I import any variety file into Autosketch?

Can somebody help?

Thanks, John
Contributor
Kevin.Hutch
Message 2 of 3 (536 Views)

Re: Newbie needs help

04-12-2010 03:58 PM in reply to: jqcf1
I too have found a need for this, but alas so far only found a long way round.

1. Open the PDF drawing or photo select the required area ctrl C to copy.

2. Paste it (ctrl V) to a file opened in a graphics package "Paint" or "GIMP 2".

3. Crop and/or modify as required.

4. Save the file as a GIF file (I have found GIF the most effective for line drawings).

5. Open Autosketch and insert drawing as a separate layer.

6. Lock the layer and on another layer trace the outline or add the required additions.

If it is a complex original and sections are not required I "block out" with a white rectangle.

Kevin H
Active Contributor
thixoman
Message 3 of 3 (432 Views)

Re: Newbie needs help

09-09-2010 08:04 AM in reply to: jqcf1

Hi,

the file formats are incompatible, ,   like opening a word document in photoshop,

for years, i have been using scanvector,  I scan the drawing, (a raster image) and save as needed, and then open the file in SV an exportas a VECTOR/ dxf.  Open drawing program an insert into or  as I have had to do more often than not, open the dxf file an do a little "clean up", then save it and re-open / import to main drawing.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.