Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User working off the grid

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
214 Views, 1 Reply

New User working off the grid

Recently bought version 8 for some simple architectural drawing. My minor gridlines are 1' and my snap interval is 1".

When the grid snap is on my understanding is that any lines drawn will snap to the 1" division on my drawings. But when I zoom in I find my lines are usually in between the inch marks. If I move the line it does move in 1" increments but it stays in between the inch divisions.

What I want to do is make all of my lines end up exactly on the 1" grid without zooming in, turning off snap and manually aligning it with the inch divisions.

I hope I have been able to explain this. I'm sure it is something simple but I have gone over the whole help file with no success.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I would guess that "Snap to Grid" is/was off when the line was created.

Other solutions could be:
- you are specifying an exact distance for the line that is a fraction of an inch
- you specify an absolute (or even relative) position to start/end the line which is in a fraction of an inch
- moving the line by arrow keys is set to move the objects in 'grid incraments'.
- if you are just grabbing an arbatory point (or center point on the object with "snap to grid" on, then it will jump along to the next grid point when moving.
- snap points on a line (end points, mid points, nearest...) will over-rule grid snapping, so if the line is 1" long and a line was snapped to it's mid point, then you have created the start point of that line on a 0.5" interval.

Hope this helps

Gadget

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report