Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New computer for Autosketch 2.1

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
moroeder2001
1084 Views, 4 Replies

New computer for Autosketch 2.1

I am digging around looking for a new computer that will run my Autosketch 2.1. I have located a Dell Latitude D830 Core 2 Duo Laptop.

I have asked the seller if it would run Autosketch 2.1 like my Toshiba Satellite A105-S4344 with XP PRO operating system. If you are familiar with the answer to this question please let me know at moroeder2001@yahoo.com. Or if you know of a new computer on the market that will run 2.1 please let me know. The only reason I believe the Dell will run it is because they will install XP PRO before shipping. Please let me know if you have any information concerning this issue.

Thank You,

Max Roeder

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: moroeder2001

Operating System, not hardware or computer brand, will determine if your software will run or not. You just need to remember what all you did back in the day to install your software.
Good luck.
Message 3 of 5
moroeder2001

Thanks for your answer but that is not much help. Give me a breakdown of what I need to put together a laptop or desktop that will run 2.1, I can't do it and neither can my EE. I understand Microsoft will no longer support XP upgrades after next year. I don't really care since I can keep a drawing computer off the web. However it would be very helpful to be able to link into the web while drawing to check for component specs, drawings, etc. So if I can find anything that will run 2.1 I would be happy to try it.

Thanks,

Max Roeder

Message 4 of 5
StevenMac

It's only $130, just buy it and see.

My boss used to run 2.1 on XP fine, but other people around here had issues.

Message 5 of 5
lasstss

I have been running AS 2.1 on an XP machine for years. No problem. You can also put virtual machine on a win 7 machine and run it. It has to be the 32bit win7 not the 64. I lost my disc. Do you still have one?

lasstss@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report